The National Football League

I think it’s blood coming out if its eyes, in order to foster kinship with what their fans have to watch year after year.

1 Like

All you need to know is that any weird rule has something to do with my Lions losing.

1 Like

Ben looks old, his arm is getting weak, and he can barely move. But he’s somehow still better than like half the starting QBs in this league.

They re-wrote the catch rule, but usually there were only like 1 or 2 plays per season that fell in that murky area where it looked like a catch but wasn’t. You no longer have to control the ball all the way to the ground if you make some sort of “football move” So that Steelers/Pats game where Jesse James caught it, tucked it, then stretched it out all in one motion would be a catch now, since he had it and made a move.

This type of wording actually seems like it makes things less clear.

I’m sure that some of the first round QBs will be busts, and guys like Daniel Jones and Darnold will be given up on at some point, but it seems like this year might be an all time low in opening day hopeless QB situations. WFT - at least Fitzmagic and Heinecke are fun for a little while. Houston can talk themselves into Watson coming back, somehow. What are we left with - Detroit?

It gives the refs a little more leeway. What was happening before was that things that players and fans agreed should be catches (Calvin Johnson, Dez Bryant, Jesse James) were being ruled no catches because a strict reading of the rule meant that any loss of control of the ball at any point while “going to the ground” meant no catch. What constituted loss of control and going to the ground were still subjective though.

99.9% of all passes thrown are pretty clear. It’s just that 0.1% where the guy is landing on the ground, seems to have his hands around it, but the ball moves ever so slightly, does it really matter. As long as we are looking at frame by frame replays from 4 angles trying to decide if the ball was loose when it hit the ground, there will be controversy. It’s hard to say if the rule was really the problem, or if just the insane closeness of some of these plays makes it near impossible to have a consensus ruling, and whether a text based ruling can really cover all possible scenarios.

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1435955487598579714

gotta say I didn’t think of this one with WR guys, they might not be able to see a NFL football vs a ncaa one

Nothing a dorito dink with some white nail polish can’t solve in the bathroom before every game.

(pic because formatting didn’t work with the inline twitter)

5 Likes

Daniel Jones might be good, and Detroit actually has some hope that Goff can regain some his form from that SB season. I don’t share that hope, but it’s at least plausible.

I’d say teams that know their starting QB sucks but have to deal with it are New Orleans, Denver, and possibly Indy.

You’ve got a few teams with aging QB’s on teams with low expectation that should probably be looking towards the future (Washington, Atlanta, Pittsburgh).

Most other teams are either somewhat happy with their QB or at least have a youngster that they are hoping can lead the way soon.

daniel jones might be good

hhahahaahhahaha no

Detroit could be sneaky in that they could win like 6-7 instead of the projected 4. Not b/c of goff but I’m not sure that team is that bad.

Winston had laser surgery after his high turnover season, we’ll see. I don’t think it’s automatic he still sucks, and if it wasn’t for sean liking gimmicks, the backup wouldn’t be on the roster.

Is it only one game to kickoff the NFL season this year? I thought they had switched to two games on the opening Thursday.

It’s been one game (almost always featuring the defending champion at home) for at least the past two decades.

There used to be two games on the opening Monday. That’s not happening this year for reasons I don’t know.

2 Likes

Ah, I must have got confused with that. Tx.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1436053887312609286
Leveon Bell gonna start at this rate

also WTF ravens jfc

RB1, RB2, RB3, CB2 all torn ACLs in preseason is wild

Ravens coaches should stop running the Sledgehammer to the Knee Drill.

3 Likes

Raiders +4.5 already vanishing

still gonna end up taking balt I think, the only people on the raiders who can catch lamar jackson are the WR’s, who can’t catch anything else

1 Like

Winston is definitely better than Jones and I’d rather have him than Goff

1 Like