The National Football League

Guy is 6’6 245 and ran a 4.44 40. He’s a total monster.

I mean when was the last time there was a tight end that highly coveted in a draft? Kellen Winslow II?

GREAT POINT

1 Like

Many have tried. All have failed.

“I’m glad I could inspire expire people.”

More because he missed his entire junior year with a back injury than for any question of talent.

Pitts is almost like if Jimmy Graham were three years younger in his draft season and already knew how to play football.

If it was that predictable they would have predicted Gronk. So it isn’t, and you’re left picking a TE with the 4th pick, a position that has extremely limited upside in wins added compared to hitting, say, Lamar Jackson 2.0 that Belichick is totally gonna swoop in and take because everyone else is drinking Clorox.

Ah, forgot Vernon Davis.

Basically, Pitts is a larger, more athletic Vernon Davis with better hands. He actually might be the best TE prospect out of college football the more I look at it.

I think it’s better to look at Kyle Pitts as a really large wide receiver than a tight end. His size resembles that of Calvin Johnson. Actually, let’s take a look at them.

Kyle Pitts	Calvin Johnson

Height 6’5 5/8” 6’5”
Weight 245 239
Arm Length 34” 33 3/8”
Hand Size 10 5/8” 9.25”
Wingspan 83 3/8” 82”
40 yd dash 4.44 4.35
Broad Jump 10’9” 11’7”
Vertical Leap 33 1/2” 42 1/2”

Even if you graded Pitts as a wide receiver, he’s incredibly talented and an early first round pick.

EDIT: How do I create a table?

1 Like

except that’s not true–every top 10 TE in the draft is either a huge disappointment or outright bust at least for al ong, long time

okay actually the answer is

every single one of them was a mistake in NFL history–Vernon Davis is the best by far (okay hockensen tbd)

Wait, Pitts is bigger than Calvin Johnson? How is he not going #1?

well neither did Calvin

True, but the dude is obviously a monster. It could end up being like when the Saints passed on Lawrence Taylor.

That 9” of vert and .1 on the 40 are quite relevant. That said Pitts is an elite TE prospect and rates to be TE1 in the NFL within 3 years or so.

Also, no combine this year means everyone’s numbers are a touch cooked.

1 Like

I just looked at his athletic numbers

he’s more likely a bust but I didn’t watch his film

1 Like

Yea I believe you. Tonight is first time I’ve heard of him. :man_shrugging:

he might really be good, idk it’s just never happened a TE people thought of that highly coming out was anywhere close to it

1 Like

Calvin’s game speed was faster too. He rarely got caught from behind. Pitts doesn’t burn corners the way Calvin did. Pitts reminds me more of the other good former Lions receiver Kenny Golladay. A huge target who can locate the ball in traffic and make the contested catch.

TE has to be the worst to draft in round 1 in historical terms. (outside special teams)

The list is brutal–especially recently.

The general rule is add .1s of 40 time for a pro day. I know the times were recorded by NFL scouts but it’s not the controlled environment the combine usually is. Either this is an insanely fast draft class or the times are a bit inflated. Pitts doesn’t look like a 4.4 guy on film. He’s still a beast though.

:popcorn: