The National Football League

They want a game that will definitely be meaningful for at least one team and try to put games whose significance is drastically impacted by another game on at the same time. It seems to me like LA/AZ would have been a better pick, but they chose this one for some reason.

1 Like

Bardy vs teh Giants, NFC East is always the top viewers

edit–damn it you were making a joke I’m tired

As bad as this game is, that one was worse. I think they luckboxed the correct choice.

Congrats to the Washington Racists for that amazing season and division win

Steelers only 3.5 pt favorites seems not right. Same with Baltimore.

That one was still affected by the Bears outcome; if the Bears had lost (they did) Rams would be in no matter what.

Washington was the only team with a pure win-and-in / lose-and-out scenario.

AZ would have been in the same boat as Washington regardless of the outcomes of any other games.

Win and in, lose and out.

The fact that LAR could have been in the same boat is exactly why that should have been the pick.

Hmm, I suppose, but the Bears game still affected it so I guess they wanted to put them at the same time.

eta: I think the networks may be allowed to protect a game as well, which might explain it if FOX chose to keep ARI-LAR.

They aren’t allowed to protect any games in Week 17.

Marrone out

Lynn somehow not fired yet

I know it will never happen but I think all games should be played at 1 PM Eastern in final week of regular season. It would make teams with playoff hopes on the line crazy aggressive.

You could start the season with Sunday Night Football a week earlier so they still get the same number of prime time games.

Would starting all AFC games at 1 and all NFC games a 4 accomplish the same thing? What if they made it 4 and 8 and skipped the early games to accommodate the west coast viewers?

2 Likes

Yea that’s a good idea.

I like this idea, but as a tangent I’m a little sick of “accommodating the west coast viewers” by starting games so that they end after midnight Eastern time. (This isn’t unique to football, btw.)

1 Like

Start them at 1 and 8 so both sides get inconvenienced. No late afternoon games.

It’s possible a game from the opposite conference could affect a strength of victory tie-breaker. Unlikely, but possible.

Also,I don’t think skipping the early games accommodates the West Coast viewers. Football at 10 AM is awesome.

So, apparently the answer is that teams like to fire people after breakfast and one team is three hours behind on the other coast.

If they actually started the game at 8:00 like they should, it wouldn’t be so bad. But nah, gotta start it at 8:27 or whatever it is.

Lynn is on a 4 game winning streak or something. I’m so hoping that this saves his job and we have another whole year of LOLChargers entertainment.

Shit, I guess they did it.