The National Football League

There is a difference between the 32nd pick and a top 5 pick.

Although I would be put in the “never” category for drafting a RB in the first round I don’t mind it on a team like KC who is already loaded and is drafting for need.

4 Likes

Yeah and as it turned out with Damien Williams opting out, we really needed CEH.

1 Like

First impression, he’s a hybrid of Maurice Jones-Drew and Nap Kaufman

It isn’t clear if he can really catch passes out of the backfield but I’m getting major Sproles vibes.

2 Likes

I don’t think Reid would draft a RB if he wasn’t sure of pass catching ability.

Chiefsplanet is already comparing him to Barry Sanders.

2 Likes

I posted in 22 earlier that I think he looks like a less explosive MJD. At least that was my first impression.

1 Like

LOL

There is no other Barry Sanders out there. Just imagine what he could’ve done with a competent offensive line and a passing attack strong enough that he didn’t face 8 in the box constantly. He would have been the unquestionable GOAT running back.

CEH is a cog in a crazy good offense. Barry was the offense in Detroit.

His highlight reel is freakish

4 Likes

I don’t know map Kaufman but he is more warrick dunn than MJD imo

1 Like

Kid looks stout though. Warrick was a bit more slight iirc

He’s a RB. 100% disposable

2 Likes

Yeah, this

55 receptions for LSU last year, although that said, I found it strange how little they used him in the passing game last night.

Yeah, Clyde is 5’7" 207 so he’s pretty stocky. Definitely more power to his game than Dunn’s, although he does have some nice moves for that bowling-ball build (and an elite spin move).

If the 2017 draft went:

1. Pat Mahomes
  2. Deshaun Watson
  3. Jamal Adams
  4. Ryan Ramczyk
  5. Eddie Jackson
  6. T.J. Watt
  7. George Kittle
  8. Garret Bolles
  9. Marshon Lattimore
  10. Myles Garrett
  11. Alvin Kamara
  12. Christian McCaffery

Is anyone looking back and going, “Damn those were bad RB picks.”

Looking at the draft like maybe Budda Baker, Zach Cunningham, Dalvin Thompson, Matt Milano all would be at the top of the redraft but also all of them are post round 1 picks.

1 Like

in after Needle !

My thoughts on first round RBs

tumblr_62e6042c61ffa6112a651224df5422a6_ce32178c_500

1 Like

Brian Westbrook

what if you get a Sony michel?

Rather Sony than Mitch Trubisky.

1 Like

Would you rather Mahomes and Sony or Trubisky and any RB on your list?

I don’t understand.

Obviously Mahomes by himself. That wasn’t what I was saying?

I’m saying RBs have value. McCaffery can be used more effectively than any other offensive weapon in his draft. I would like McCaffery and Kamara over any of the WR’s taken in the 2017 draft and most WRs drafted recently.

Especially in modern NCAAF and NFL we see the ability to use RBs more effectively than previously due to the complexity of defenses and the transition to cover 3/cover 4 defenses at the highest levels. This has opened up the RB position in a way we haven’t seen since the early 90s with the West Coast offense.

RB’s may even have more value now than then due this change. Teams do not want to sit in man coverage and LBs are not as effective in man coverage due to the amount of zone and blitzing that has been introduced. Elite RBs are more rare than before and, if effectively used, are harder to defend than just about any WR.

3 Likes