The National Football League

Yeah, I mean, Dave Caldwell has been GM for eight seasons and doesn’t seem much better than Gene Smith.

Aside, there actually is a good FCS QB prospect this year, but Lawrence still is the #1 guy.

(Hey buddy!)

A huge percentage of professional sports GMs in the US are terrible for the same reason there are lots of terrible incompetent people in positions of power elsewhere here.

1 Like

Dolphings have ~nobody to run the football this season maybe give Fournette a tryout?

And any reason not to at least hold a fantasy draft at this point? Maybe defer funds collection until toward the end of the season or something? I’ve got the fever.

You forgot stafford

I think that post was referring to just QB that won super bowls.

Otherwise, you could add Carson Palmer and Michael Vick to that list as well. If Drew Bledsoe didn’t get drilled by Mo Lewis, you could’ve included him as well.

I considered mentioning Stafford and others, but I was more looking at players you would be like “Yeah we tanked for this.”

I think stafford falls on the close but no cigar. My thinking might be flawed. If your team tanked and you got stafford’s career would you view that as a big success?

Edit: I didn’t technically limit it to super bowl winners but I guess I did, unintentionally.

I’d take a flyer on him if the price was right. Not sure how it works or what it costs to grab a guy off waivers but why not.

I made the fish move of joining a YAHOO money league yesterday since my regular group of guys are on the fence about doing a draft since it can’t be done live. The live draft with them is one of the highlights of the summer for me (pathetic I know) but hopefully we’ll convince the holdouts just to do it online.

I mean, if my team had no realistic shot at the playoffs, I’d be fine with Stafford being the result of a tank (provided that tank didn’t mean getting rid of players that could help down the road). He’s definitely a QB that can win a Super Bowl. It’s just that the Lions never have enough of a team in addition to him, even when they had Megatron.

1 Like

Matt Breida and Jordan Howard

Stafford is a fine result for a #1 overall pick.

1 Like

Haha same thing my buddy in Port Charlotte says. Howard’s production decreased every year he was in Chicago, then he went to Philly and got hurt. Not a good look. I don’t think he’s a long term solution. Brieda seems like a good third down back but not someone who can reliably move it between the tackles.

Anyway Fournette probably isn’t worth what he will inevitably demand to be paid.

I mean, I don’t know that Fournette is really that reliable either, or more to the point, he doesn’t really fit any offense except a power run game where you line him up 7 yards in the backfield to get a head of steam. Nobody really plays like that anymore.

He actually has really good burst into the hole and I’d say ++ vision. He is a one cut and done RB though. Blocking wise he is very good and is a good athlete out of the backfield. He was extremely limited by both injuries and being the number one focus of most defenses. I don’t have the All-22 pictures like I did in the past but you would see a ton of slants away from motions or towards the weakside to attack the zone run. You’d see Blitz/Engage linebackers once he attacked forward at all.

Basically an overall defensive assignment to stop Fournette and sit a single high safety or smoke coverage to attack the weak QB’s throwing into the blitz/engage or attempting the deep ball into the, league wide, false cover 3.

Fournette isn’t as good as he should be and isn’t as bad as he is seen. I’d say he is about as average of a back as there is in the NFL. Like legit I’d say he is in the Austin Ekeler/Joe Mixon/ Melvin Gordon range of RBs which I’d say is probably the 12/13/14 area.

1 Like

I just realized that the season starts in less than two weeks and college football (for the conferences that enjoy COVID) starts soon, too. I haven’t been following anything at all. I have no idea wtf is going on with my teams. Guess I’ll just tune in when the season starts to see which Packers wide receivers can’t get open this year.

2 Likes

Rogers is sitting out for covid. You guys are tanking for Trevor now.

Jordan Love tho

He’s going to be a WR according to conspiracy Twitter

I’ve seen no such news that this is the case.

I believe he was just making a silly. Godgers has been in training camp.

That makes more sense, but I wasn’t clear. I might have gone with “Rodgers is sitting out because management decided to draft a QB, RB, and FB, so he’s going to help them fulfill their dream of being a power-running team.”

I really hope some of these QB’s kneel. The furious anger by MAGA would be off the charts. Like if Mahomes kneels, no Chief fan will give a shit because he just won a Super Bowl. But if Daniel Jones or Cam Newton kneel, people will be triggered.