The National Football League

depends on the rules, you’re also forgetting some of those teams would run the fuck over some of the current defenses for over 200 yards easily.

I have a hard time believing any offensive line from 20+ years ago could put together a 100 yard rushing game against today’s defenses. And that’s ignoring the inferior schemes and game planning from back then.

You don’t think Barry Sanders or Emmitt Smith could run for 100 yards?

Sure, but probably not behind the 91 Lions line.

Many defensive players today are smaller. Particularly at linebacker. 91 Lions OL wasn’t all that big but I thought we were talking about really good ones here.

Lol having a preseason, come on.

Gotta say I really like Marshawn. He comes off as very sincere to me. Wish somebody would give him another shot at the NFL. He still has some left in the tank.

I don’t know about that. He looked pretty washed the last time I saw him play. He’s definitely not starter quality. Realistically he’s about 3rd string quality, and most of those guys play special teams, which Marshawn definitely ain’t doing.

Yeah but he didn’t have a camp to shake off the rust. He was pretty much pulled off the street.

I mean if Frank Gore can still get on a team and at worst share carries, Lynch can definitely make a roster.

I don’t really think Frank Gore is a go-to example for how well a typical RB can play at his age.

1 Like

Gore is somewhat of an RB savant. He picks up offenses really well and is apparently awesome at all the other necessary RB skills aside from running (where he has clearly lost a step).

However, Gore is also clearly washed up.

In the last two seasons, Gore did play in some backfields that weren’t that great.

I suppose for an RB desperate team, Lynch might be better than an RB3, but he doesn’t seem to have the willingness to play anywhere that Gore clearly does.

I suppose that’s true since teams haven’t talked about signing him or giving him a shot in camp.

the NFL having all this time to prepare and still having no idea what the fuck they’re doing and just winging training camp is well, exactly what I expected the NFL to do.

2 Likes

lol NFL-aments

1 Like

Apparently player union and players are participating in a semi planned campaign on social media to push the NFL to pay attention to the medical experts.

Seems in general the players are not on board with the lack of plan right now.

Players should go on strike. Pandemic is getting worse, is showing no signs of slowing down and they’re still going to play.

Trying to play might have made sense a few months ago but sure doesn’t now.

1 Like
1 Like

Somehow I missed that Chris Jones and the Chiefs came to a deal. ESPN is saying $85 million total; Spotrac is saying 4/80 with $60m guaranteed, but still with no details.

The dirty shenanigans that usually go on at the bottom of a scrum like eye gouging will be replaced with heavy breathing.

2 Likes

Tebow’s numbers were just flagrant that year. Impossible not to give him the heisman despite the unspoken rule on freshmen. I still think Cam Newton was a better college player though Tim was in a better system.

I was pretty tilted they didn’t give it to Darren McFadden the year before based on that logic. Instead they gave it to fricking Troy Smith. D-Mac is one of the greatest college running backs of all time. Guess the big ten homers got in a parting shot before a decade of getting absolutely merked by SEC football.