The National Football League

A DT who can consistently generate pressure up the middle is very valuable

Saquon, a RB, has provided surplus value over Mayfield, a QB. Positional importance doesn’t get higher than at QB, and Saquon is the least obvious value-add of the six players listed. If it were never reasonable to draft a RB top 10 b/c the gap between the top5 RBs and a replacement level RB is so close than Saquon in lieu of Mayfield would have been a bad pick for the Browns. But that’s inaccurate. Team building and overall team strength are so crucial to maximizing QB success (look at Brady’s first three rings and early Russ Wilson), and even a talented QB surrounded by trash almost never wins (Stafford is the most obvious example).

Jimmy G and Ryan Tannehill were two of the final 4 teams’ QBs. Mark Sanchez made 2 AFCCGs. Blake Bortles. Trubisky won 12 games in his second year. There are numerous other examples.

Again, my premise is that it’s usually a bad idea to draft a RB in the top10, but yours is that it’s “never reasonable”.

Feels like UNDER just b/c the public is so heavy on over.

A MLB can be extremely valuable: Kuechly or Wagner.

A Safety can be extremely valuable: Thomas or Reed or Polamalu

I agree with this. But RB is one of the least important factors in overall team strength.

We gamethreading in here tonight or a separate thread?

2 Likes

Such a bummer that I can’t watch the Puppy Bowl here.

Not like I’m gonna stay up to watch the SB with work tomorrow.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/soIoucity/status/1224016383320694787?s=20

Just tuned on my tv while I start to cook some apps and trump is on talking to Hannity. Blah…

https://twitter.com/ziibiing/status/1224014443455053824

yikes

Is there any way to stream the Puppy Bowl?

Thats…

Wow

1 Like

I think the Braves use it too.

Old chants die hard I guess.

1 Like

KC stole it from the Braves, who stole it from FSU

Braves stopped in the playoffs this year because the Cardinals have someone on the team who is Cherokee. Braves fans tried telling us they have been using it since the 90’s and its not a big deal!

2 Likes

I guess. At least that’s the justification for the dude riding out onto the field on a horse and planting a flaming spear :man_shrugging:

What is this flag trash on the pregame?

Just started paying attention at the bar and what the fuck is this

1 Like

I don’t know but I feel like traveling to foreign lands and killing people now.

1 Like