The Nashville Christmas bombing

Yeah the reports are non life threatening/minor injuries.

Could a meth lab make this explosion?

1 Like

That level of damage and that kind of blast? Based on my experience, no. It’s magnitudes too big.

1 Like

The last IRA bombing campaign in England (Manchester, Canary Wharf) was intended to cause massive structural damage but not casualties. Warnings phoned to multiple people, including press well in advance. Iirc the only casualties were a journalist who went back after the evacuation and police trying to find him.

The Manchester bomb was a real pita, I was home from uni and had a day long piss up scheduled.

1 Like

Yeah that essentially the main comm hub of the city. Luckily, its built like a bomb shelter

That would be one of the toughest building to destroy in the city. It was built to withstand wartime and keep comms running. Internally, its supposed to work like a giant faraday cage as well. For how indiscriminate it looks on the outside, its one bad ass building.

Hmm, goal could have been to take out comms then? But someone who went through all that trouble would have known it was built to withstand a serious blast because seems like a ton of people on reddit know this too, so it seems like fairly common knowledge you would get from a simple google search of the building.

Cops confirm the RV was putting out the announcement.

5 Likes

Right, unless they’re a 5G nutter, then they would try to throw the biggest blast at is as they could.

I mean, they weren’t aiming for the Hooters. There is a reason they parked the RV were they did.

3 Likes

The RV was blaring a warning that it was going to blow up?

Of course it should be kept in mind that lots of “news” at this point will turn out to be wrong.

There have been several that didn’t kill anyone. The day after the 1992 explosion that brought down the Baltic Exchange was blown up (I felt my flat shake in the blast 2 miles away) which did kill three people, there was another bomb on the North Circular road which killed no one.

The 100kg blast only destroyed a B&Q and a section of the North Circular, so no great loss really.

It was putting out a warning to “evacuate the area”.

Yes, this is one of the weirder attacks we’ve had in the states

Trumpers wouldn’t necessarily try to kill people. Could be meant as a warning of the Jan. 6th revolution.

Sounds like Canadian terrorism. “Sorry, eh, but if its not too much trouble please evacuate we’re going to blow this block up. Sorry.”

29 Likes

I would think that Trumpers wanting to kill people in Nashville would park the RV by a black church or something like that.

3 Likes

I don’t enjoy defending Trumpers, but I think this is something where not all Trumpers want to blow up Black churches, but all people who want to blow up Black churches are Trumpers.

6 Likes

Hope this doesn’t result in people calling the police even more on all the people living in RVs.

4 Likes

Oh yeah, I agree. I just have a hard time squaring the ideas of typical Level 1 Thinker Trumpers with the idea of a carefully planned bomb to send a message but not hurt anybody. I would expect them to try stuff like “start a race war” or something. Or blow up a Federal building.

1 Like

Agreed. Best guess is a militia group. Feels like a warning from poor rural folks who are feeling the weight of reality.