The Great Resignation: Remote workplaces and the future of work

Especially if you have a bidet

Or the stress of “making it on time” or whatever.

I wouldn’t commute for a 50% bonus.

Fewer hours of work does not equal lazy.

Fuck that mindset with a cactus.

5 Likes

Perhaps you’d like to read the next sentence.

But have you considered the USA-nian system is better for the very rich?

Makes you think.

1 Like

The Euros should invest all that time spent not working into regularly showering and staying on top of personal hygiene.

3 Likes

I’m currently in Germany and how in the actual fuck are they only working 1300 hours per year?? Honestly might just need to move here tbh that feels too good to be true

100%

Averages to 26 hours a week or so, pretty crazy. You could look at it like they are only working 26 hours a week, or you could look at it that Americans working 2 or 3 jobs are really driving our numbers up compared to part time employees.

My guess is more part timers in Germany with very few multiple job earners and salaried folks not being slaves to their jobs working 50-60+ a week

Yea I assume it’s something about averages not telling the whole story but still, my god that’s a low number and everything here seems to be pretty great so what gives, America?

This is A+ comedy right here folks.

Travel thread, cabron

That’s basically it

ETA also, more paid vacation days and unlimited, vacation - independent sick time.

2 Likes

That’s gonna be me someday!

1 Like

Inside jokes? This will not stand!

They’re never funny on their own.

You had to be there.

1 Like

Don’t know about Germany, but French people had a ton of vacation (like 5-8 weeks is pretty standard) and most were working less than 40 hour weeks.

8 weeks of vacay and 30 hour weeks would put Germany at 1320 hours/ave. which sounds plausible.

Could also be that the average full-time worker is around 1500 hours, but the average in Germany is getting dragged down more by the part-time workers (which are also included according to the graphic) than in other countries?

Italy that far up in hours is a damn lie. I did a project there. We had to beg security to let us back in the building to inoculate fermenters. The bacteria do not sleep.

Exactly! Which is why we just need to hurry the fuck up and pay a premium for office days.

1 Like