The Ginger C(h)at LC Thread for Sundry Chatchitting

Android has DND mode that allows you to ignore all calls from people not in your contacts.

1 Like

Vote Republican next time.

Among those ensnared in the governmentā€™s dragnet was Joseph Ruiz, who lost his life savings in the raid: $57,000 in cash. An unemployed food service worker who lives near Crenshaw Boulevard and the 10 Freeway, Ruiz, 47, distrusts banks and sees world affairs as deeply unstable, so he kept his money at U.S. Private Vaults.

He obtained the money in two legal settlements, one for a spinal injury in a car accident and another for chronic housing code violations in his apartment building, Ruiz said.

The FBI seized it, rejected his requests to return it and is now moving to confiscate it without explanation.

ā€œThey just kind of stole my money,ā€ said Ruiz, whose most recent job was at Gate Gourmet, an airline caterer.

There should be penalties for pulling this shit. People should lose their jobs and go to jail.

2 Likes

real or onion

Itā€™s been a long week and Iā€™ve been looking forward to getting baked, drinking beer, and listening to cool new tracks from the various music threads.

Then I hear that CanadaMattā€™s dog died, the Mariners got shut out, half the forum either got banned or quit or are fighting, Chad is having some kind of crisis, and there was a shootout about a half mile from my house with 4 shot, 2 dead WTF!

Now Iā€™m mentally curled up in a ball and sobbing, lol. :sob:

10 Likes

Well fuck. I didnā€™t know any of that. Somebody should start like a forum happenings thread. But not this week. That is one depressing list. :cry:

1 Like

Where is the forum fight happening? Iā€™m caught up on most threads but not some large ones

For those on the US west coast, the moon and Venus make quite a pair tonight. The moon is barely there, just a sliver. And Venus seemed especially bright from SLC.

So I saw another use of this old 2p2 meme here today and it reminded me of this post. I dug up the 2p2 OP, but first, our results:

So which is it? Survey says:

[11:26:18 AM] PokerStars: we thinks thats your account can be cracked
[11:26:28 AM] PokerStars: itā€™s problem
[11:26:51 AM] PokerStars: we shoud check your account manual, but uā€™r play now, and we donā€™t block you

Reference

Sorry ā€œIs problemā€ votersā€¦

3 Likes

Is this person likely speaking English as their second language? If so we shouldnā€™t be ridiculing them.

I pretty much never play table games, but especially not in the Bay Area. But once I was playing BJ with some buddies and dealer made an error that on one guys hand in favor of the corporation (he was just the bank the whole time as no else had enough chips on the table to take a turn) and he pointed it out, so that the player got the money instead. I kind of felt maybe we should be tipping that guy. Obviously we didnā€™t. His stack was growing just fine.

Were you like the only white corporation player there? To the best of my recollection, every single one I ever saw was Asian (most of my play was at Lucky Chances).

3 Likes

If I recall correctly it was a scammer and the point was there was no way real PS support would ever write an email with such poor grammar.

So I wouldnā€™t feel too bad.

https://twitter.com/HenryBushnell/status/1404870021352931328?s=20

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/meta_nomad/status/1404586002665119749?s=19

3 Likes

This meme format also works for Mariners tickets.

3 Likes

This seems right to me:

6 Likes

Basically this

2 Likes
3 Likes