The Ginger C(h)at LC Thread for Sundry Chatchitting

Yeah, getting in a happy place after two pints is one of many great aspects of drastically reducing my alcohol intake this year.

Yeah but I have actually been increasing how much I drink over the last couple of months. But I can’t get back to where I was just a year ago let alone 5 or 10 years ago

Doing some physical exercise especially sport increases ones drinking capacity, as does starting drinking earlier in the day.

Was walking all over the city all day. Not much stopping. Got touristy stuff to do.

Definitely something to keep in mind though. Thanks.

Why do you want a higher tolerance again? So it takes more 12$ beers to get buzzed?

I had ONE extremely weak margarita last night at the tacqueria and woke up with a headache, of course this margarita was like $4 so they are definitely using sterno instead of tequila

still worth it, it’s like $5 for a burrito the size of my head, the bill for me, my wife, and my two ogre teenagers was like $60 and they ate an ungodly amount of food

5 Likes
1 Like

I feel for a lot of these delivery people.

I mean they’re delivering food by bicycle and it isn’t like it’s always nice out. I suppose they get in good shape but I really tip out of sympathy rather than compulsion because it’s my unwillingness to get off my ass and go to a place to get their food that’s making this happen.

I mean Bulgaria isn’t a tipping country (same as CR) but delivering by bicycle is just brutal.

4 Likes

CR is a tipping country. Also, are you trying to get props for tipping a Bulgarian food delivery biker?

https://twitter.com/spellbound76/status/1419440098987413505

3 Likes

End of STNG s6 ep 18

Picard: …on a horse.
Worf: Of course.

2 Likes

No.

Nano heard me play this and is telling me to link this:

also

also her favorite canned heat song

and that’s it, if she wants to say anything else she’s going to have to log on herself and post it!!!

Tch.

Even I’m not old enough to have been aware of Canned Heat in their heyday. In college and in my 20s I collected blues records and books about the history of the music so I may have come across Henry Thomas before but if so I’d forgotten. Sadly, if it weren’t for a bunch of passionate white hippies a lot of that history would probably have been forgotten.

Sounds disapproving.

Stay away from the Blues. It’s the Devil’s Music.

1 Like

When is the optimal time to buy a new car? I drive a 2013 Mazda 3 I bought new. It has 128k km (79k Miles). It still works fine but is starting to need periodic repairs.

I want to be able to sell or trade it and don’t want to put a bunch of money into it for next owner but can’t decide where that sweet spot lies for buying a new one.

Not right now if you can avoid it. I just bought a used 2019 with low miles and basically paid what I could have paid new off the lot 2 years ago (with some negotiating). People are paying sticker or higher new for anything desirable right now. This is US centric not sure if CA is same right now.

2 Likes

Car prices are absurdly high right now due to some supply chain holdups artificially lowering supply in what’s likely a short term thing. I’d say hold for now. Re-eval in 3-6 months

1 Like