The Ginger C(h)at LC Thread for Sundry Chatchitting

It’s 28C where I am and I’m sitting comfortably in a t-shirt and shorts with a box fan on low speed blowing on me.

I have A/C but don’t even feel the need to turn it on.

Most days in June and July when the outside temperature hovered around 100 F (37.8 C), in my apartment it aproached 85 F (29.4 C). That’s warm with 20-30% RH but tolerable with a fan to move air. It would be really nasty with 60% RH like you have. Sorry.

1 Like

It’s topped 90 (32.2c) pretty much every day in Boulder for the last couple of weeks and the new apt is not up to the task. 6 years ago when I was here that many hot days in a row was
pretty rare.

It’s just a wee running joke us Scots like to have, tbh most of us love the sun especially if it’s a day off or 2 :blush: But today was muddy heat as we say with it being mostly cloudy with little sun coming through.

I’ve probably got slight sunburn on my hands too as there all reddish :relaxed: on parts & I’ll need to remember to get some sunscreen on tomorrow as it’s going to be another belter of a day, taps aff.

1 Like

Anyone else get this Draft kings email about a class action settlement? Wondering if it’s worth my effort or will it be like $5!

I did, didn’t read the whole thing.

1 Like

Ya. I think these things are usually a couple bucks but not sure.

I got $20 thanks to Pete Buttigieg fixing bread prices in Canada

3 Likes

Ran out of ACT anticavity mouthwash. Paid up for fewer ounces in the kid’s version because same active ingredient / dose and I can get it in WaTeRmElOn which is amazing and blows the adult version away. Why aren’t they all watermelon?

I think the feeling you get from Listerine feels like it’s working. When you don’t feel that, you end up wondering if anything is happening.

1 Like

I asked my dentist about this and he claimed research trials showed the yellow/brown listerine to have an edge.

If I walked into someone’s bathroom and saw that they had yellow/brown Listerine, I’d assume they were a serial killer.

7 Likes

Shirley Jackson had an amazing back catalog of responses to fan mail and more people need to know about that.

https://twitter.com/lettersofnote/status/1418968733062684672?s=21

1 Like

Never knew that Shirley Jackson lived in Vermont.

or a dentist apparently. which probably overlaps more than we like to admit.

Over/under # of times you will sleep with this person in light of this new information?

Christ my alcohol tolerance is next to nothing now. Just a sign of me getting old I guess.

Had a 10.5% bottle of beer and a pint of 5% lager within the last two hours and I’m tipsy. Basically on my way towards passing out. The days of me drinking 12 pints of beer in a night + liquor are over.

i split a bottle of 12.5% mead and had a hangover next morning. lolme.

I’m no dentist, but from what I’ve read, it seems like people are getting weirded out by alcoholic mouthwashes. That Tijuana Tap Water Listerine is only an antiseptic with insanely high 26% alcohol and does nothing for enamel. The anticavity rinses use sodium fluoride as the active ingredient and taste like, well, sodium fluoride treatment if you’ve ever had that at your dentist.

Is Alcohol Needed in Mouthwash to Kill Germs & Bacteria?

No. In alcohol-containing mouthwashes, alcohol is not the active ingredient; it is simply required to stabilize the formula. At high concentrations, alcohol has been reported to contribute to dry mouth, which can worsen bad breath and the growth of more germs.

Ofc Crest would say that. (I’m not convinced mouthwash has much value but Crest is my brand atm.)