The Ginger C(h)at LC Thread for Sundry Chatchitting (2026 remix edition)

I’ve eaten Indian street food in India a few times. It always looked and tasted great. Not sure what the youtube is gonna add to that. I did get some mild stomach upset sometimes, but that would even happen at nicer restaurants.

Well if you’ve been there and tried the food yourself, there’s no reason for you to search or even ask.

For everyone else, they can be their own judge:

Just ran into the mom of one of my kid’s friends at the grocery store. We chatted for a few minutes, I asked how her kid was doing, have the kids talked lately, etc.

A few minutes after we parted ways, I realized I said the name of a kid that was not hers.

4 Likes

I don’t trust myself with names and go with “hey, how’s that kid of yours” even if I’m 99% sure.

1 Like

Wrong thread, it should go in the ranting thread.

1 Like

I watched this and I have some thoughts.

  1. I’m sure it tastes great
  2. That is most certainly not what anyone has in mind when they say Indian street food. I was expecting a vid of like Pav Bhaji or Pani Puri or any actually Indian food. There are several things that are disqualifying:
    -It’s pasta
    -They seem to do catering of some sort
    -They are wearing uniforms
    -They have a giant wheel of ?imported cheese

I could go on, but you get the idea.

I’m sure it was great and I’d happily eat it. And I do think that Indian street food is great. However the connection between that video and Indian street food is tenuous. ‘Pasta Hub’ while serving food, in India, on the street is not the typical Indian street food experience. There’s no chance Anthony Bourdain would do a show on that.

1 Like

You are 100% correct on all your points.

This one is from Pakistan and more like what you’re after. I think someone posted it here before.

Not even the best example as this is probably not the most traditional local cuisine, but I hear these kinds of sandwiches are common there now, but it’s doubtful this would make a Bourdain short list either.

How do you make a samosa only using only your right hand?

Dude nails it at Davos right to their face.

1 Like

This really tells a story of two different national outlooks

It tells a story of how arable the land is

It’s like how so many maps are population heat maps but claimed to show some other pattern

No clue what this is, but I do know that dude has no fingerprints.

1 Like

um no that explains a small amount of it.

https://x.com/TMZ/status/2013669375182553217

4 Likes

1 Like

Suggestive or DIrty Mind?

  • Suggestive
  • Dirty Mind
0 voters

https://x.com/Super70sSports/status/2014395678332440723

The 70s were a wild time. I remember a lot of obscure TV shows, but I have zero recollection of this.

Bigfoot and Wildboy ran from September 10, 1977, to August 18, 1979, totaling 28 episodes over its initial run on ABC’s The Krofft Supershow and as its own series, featuring 15-minute cliffhanger segments that became 30-minute episodes later on.

3 Likes

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5335-N-Invergordon-Rd-Paradise-Valley-AZ-85253/95129831_zpid/

Still the undisputed king of Zillow.

1 Like

Wow! I don’t remember this either and it’s pretty close to the time I should have been a huge Bigfoot and Wildboy fan. Maybe it’s a year or two early