The French Laundry & Other Great Dining Experiences

due to danger of harvesting something off the rocks in the intertidal zone, and a short season harvesting quotas are available, it is allegedly one of the most expensive seafoods, commanding €125-200 per kilo.

we had to be talked into it, didn’t get anywhere close to a kilo for 2.

more like a very tender octopus (which i also ate a lot). perfect amount of chew, less “of the sea”, and more “perfectly seasoned as is”.

1 Like

1 Like

I had some of these in Portugal when I visited in April.

1 Like

Snagged reservations at Quintonil in CDMX. It was voted the 9th best restaurant in the world this year. Ending our trip there. I can’t wait to experience the duality of amazing traditional street food and Mexican fine dining over 4 days before having to suffer through whatever food our AI resort has for the wedding.

5 Likes

Are you going to Pujol as well?

Ha one of my friends at work was talking about this place yesterday. He and his buddy set up a whole trip to go there and then forgot to make reservations.

1 Like

I actually cancelled it. We only had the taco omasake available and everything I read led to believe that Quintonil would have been a better experience.

1 Like

So did my friends that I booked it for. The tasting menu is $200 which seems really reasonable for what it is. I can’t wait!

Restaurant looks amazing. Mexico City just doesn’t seem like my speed for a vacation though. I’m very much get drunk in and around the beach/pool kind of guy.

That’s why you pair it with a 1 hour flight that costa $80 over to the beach!

I still am having a hard time grasping that your friends didn’t book a reservation lol. Did they go there and try to get a table?

It was a classic ‘you got the reservation right?’ situation from both of them. Their trip is in a few weeks. Not sure what they’re going to do.

They can buy a reservation from here.

Ha thanks I’ll forward that to them.

3 of the top 15 best bars in the world are in Mexico City (recently awarded).

Licoreria Limontour (#4)
Handshake Speakeasy (#11)
Hanky Panky (#13)

Feel like you gotta check one of these out!

1 Like

I’ve got reservations at Handshake already. Hanky Panky is relatively close to the Lucha Libre that we’re going to see so we might swing in after.

The Four Seasons bar (Fifty Mils) is imo better than Limantour. Haven’t been to Handshake or Hanky Panky.

Just some random stuff, or a relatively big show?

It’s a CMLL show at Arena Mexico. I’m incredibly excited to be in that environment with a few micheladas and my wife/friends who will have no idea what to expect.

2 Likes

New michelin guide for Istanbul coming out for the first time i think. Top food cities imo