The French Laundry & Other Great Dining Experiences

Damn, that looks great. Is there some sort of protein substitute in there? I think I see what looks like a chunk of tofu, but not sure.

Yeah, thereā€™s some kind of soy meat.

Going to this place in a week managed to get reservations before they won.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve actually been to a surprising amount of this year james beard award places. Some of the awards in the south are flat out weird. Chai Pani won like best restaurant in America. its a really cute indian street food place in asheville that i enjoyed but seriously?

Also best chef in the south went to Salt Box Shack in Durham which ive been to many times. It is a fried fish and coleslaw place. Good fried fish (meh slaw) dont get me wrong, but best chef? Thats a pretty strange over compensation. Frying seafood well is a great skill but thats the entite extent of the cooking in that place

Bourdain rips on the Beard House guest kitchen thing in Medium Raw. Not sure if that applies to the whole foundation.

He also kinda rips on French Laundry - saying itā€™s too excessive and he didnā€™t enjoy it nearly as much on his second trip years later.

Mm crickets

4 Likes

Iā€™m sure @Trolly will be down for the wild game tartar with a side of chronic wasting disease.

Thatā€™s what we started with so hmm

I want to order that whole menu

1 Like

Food B maybe. Starter great, we had both tacos pretty good, duck sausage terrible, flavorless and worse, dry. Service D, waited forever for first contact and then she gabbed with table next to us for like 10 minutes while we had nothing in and nothing in front of us. Also forgot one of the tacos :+1:

Wife made up for it by tipping 5% by accident because she canā€™t math. (thereā€™s a 18% autograt)

French laundry booked for 2 throughout August in under a minute.

My tock game is weak.

Yeah, its tough, good luck next month!

We booked Manresa in Los Gatos instead. 10 year anniversary in early September, canā€™t risk it.

2 Likes

Does this mean French Laundry is undercharging itā€™s customers if the supply of reservations dries up this quickly?

I would say yes, Iā€™m sure they could double the base price and still sellout instantly.

4 Likes

Those are $8,200 nachos, dawg

Usually we post pictures of food before it is digested.

1 Like

1 Like

sorry, couldnā€™t score a reservation at atomix