The Former Presidency of Donald J. Trump, Volume XII: Nevertheless, NFTs!

He is a pretty good actor but he’s clearly not actually all in on the crazytown, basically a Graham clone. Dude has too much of a shame instinct to ever make it in MAGA land.

1 Like

They came close to lynching the white VP because Trump decided he didn’t like him anymore. Tim Scott wouldn’t survive to the first mid term elections.

1 Like

Trump isn’t strategic. It’s going to be whoever is put in front of him that sucks up to him the most.

6 Likes

I think he will make the call, and he’ll go with his primordial-ooze-filled gut.

Trump/Primordial Ooze-Filled Gut 2024!

6 Likes

Because Pence crawled through 3.99 years of shit only to be called a pussy in the last 0.01. VP for Trump is for people like Nikki Haley that need a Hail Mary to be president. Desantis has a good shot without it.

If I’m Desantis the safest play is to just be Trumps VP and then you’re a lock for 8 yrs after 2028.

I know people talk about how if Trump wins again he won’t leave. I assume it’s mostly hyperbole. But if DeSantis is VP, every GOP backer with money (or education) is going to want Donny out and Ronny in. So there is no realistic way for Trump to hang on any longer.

Ronny is youngish. He can wait. Sure, shit can happen, but this seems like the most secure path to the presidency for him by far. He’s >50%, imo. No need to employ a higher variance, but quicker play.

Strongly disagree with this, Desantis is way too smart to accept and it would never be offered anyway. Would lay like +500.

If Trump becomes president again it’s going to be Ivanka next, elections aren’t going to be a thing anymore.

I’m game. What exactly is the bet you’ve got in mind?

You bet $100 to win $500?

I’m good with that, but I’m still not clear on how the bet is to be graded.

If Trump is the nominee, we have a bet on who his running mate is. If Trump is not the nominee, no action.

Sounds good

If Trump is not nominee, no action
If Trump is nominee and DeSantis is VP running mate, you pay me $500
If Trump is nominee and anyone other than DeSantis is VP running mate, I pay you $100.

Quote to book .

100% disagree. There would be something that Trump would expect Desantis to do and Desantis wouldn’t and then he’s “Sloppy Steve” or he’s a “disaster that is letting down the nation”. Desantis does not need that. Safer to stay gov of Fla and turn down vaccines for kids and keep CRT out of the schools than be in the clownshow’s cabinet.

edit damn you guys type fast.

I’m sure that there is something to this. But even with that consideration, I think it’s his highest EV play.

Booked

1 Like

:+1:

Trumps last VP came a couple of butterfly wing flaps away from being lynched on live tv. I don’t see why anyone sane would take it this time around. That does still leave a long list though.

7 Likes

Well that can’t happen again, thanks to term limits. Other than that Pence was fine. In fact, I’m old enough to remember when plenty of the hold-your-nose-and-vote-Trump types thought that Pence would make a great President.

Fyp

1 Like