The Former Presidency of Donald J. Trump, Volume XII: Nevertheless, NFTs!

It seems to force my eyes to momentarily stick on the bolded letters and slows me down. Do not like.

2 Likes

Well the nice thing is that in this era of technology, itā€™s a feature people can turn on or off. Idk if will spread to print.

Are there browser plugins for this? Would like to try this out!

2 Likes

Maybe people who capitalize a lot of extra words are intuitively trying to do something like this because it makes it easier for them to read. This has interesting implications for how to make propaganda stick in peopleā€™s minds.

Yay! Another way the right wing will smash us over the head!

Republican Propaganda: The RADical Left Is Murdering All Your BABIES And HATES America! :eagle: :us:

Democratic Propaganda: It is our most fervent wish that we have a strong Republican party to enhance the functionality of our democracy. Take back your party, friends!

3 Likes

I also find statements made this way moreā€¦ persuasiveā€¦ :face_with_monocle:

iamtoolazytotypethatway

I randomly capitalize because I donā€™t know the damn rules, donā€™t care to learn the damn rules and figure with Random Capitalization Iā€™ll be correct part of the time.

A few years back I proposed zikzakā€™s law of punctuation, which states that incorrect punctuation makes an author look worse than missing punctuation. If youā€™re not sure, leave it out. The rule works for capitalization too. If you donā€™t capitalize proper nouns people will think youā€™re lazy. If you capitalize words when you shouldnā€™t theyā€™ll know youā€™re ignorant.

5 Likes

Cormac McCarthy is very lazy then.

2 Likes

https://codepen.io/freddbird/pen/poarvLJ

I made this quick and dirty codepen to try this out. To make it work, first update this text to what youā€™d like to read 'Bionicallyā€™. Press Submit below. Then copy the text below the Submit button.

4 Likes

Trump is a gigantic dumbass.

:+1:

2 Likes

Sorry losers and haters, but my I.Q. is one of the highest -and you all know it! Please donā€™t feel so stupid or insecure, itā€™s not your fault

We should have gotten more of the oil in Syria, and we should have gotten more of the oil in Iraq. Dumb leaders.

WAAF

5 Likes

3 Likes

Way to go trying to placate him, Deb. A+ job

2 Likes

When Ginni Thomas was trying to get Arizona to send fraudulent electors by emailing AZ politicians, she referred to it as ā€œourā€ state. That bothers me. Iā€™m from Arizona. Sheā€™s from fucking Nebraska.

4 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure she just filled out one of those things where you enter your name and info and it automatically emails a form email from you to the relevant politician. Fuck her, but my understanding is that she didnā€™t actually write the emails herself.

That makes sense but it means Iā€™ve been reading some pretty misleading tweets. Canā€™t trust anybody.

Surprise level firmly at zero

https://twitter.com/maggienyt/status/1529511280079519744?s=21&t=DU3L82fjhE0EMjf4V46QMg

1 Like

Hanging Mike Pence is the one deplorable policy idea I agree with.

4 Likes