The Former Presidency of Donald J. Trump, Volume XII: Nevertheless, NFTs!

Seven years living outside the US and no regrets leaving. Motivation for leaving was more a desire to live where I now live than hating where I was (left before Trump), though there were aspects of American life that I was and am still fed up with.

That said, being away makes me appreciate the good aspects of the US more during my brief visits back.

Planning to spend a month in SoCal this winter for the first time in five years. Looking forward to some affordable golf, In-and-Out, and great tacos, three things hard to come by in Japan.

1 Like

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2022/11/17/benton-trump-russian-vasilenko-guilty/

1 Like

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/1593129333991903232?s=20&t=BaVUMEJVqYDPclRJuGe-BA

“If Oprah was available,” defense attorney Brian Stolarz said in his closing argument, “we wouldn’t even be here.”

1 Like

not only this but most USA cities are going to be a lot better than just about any other country in this regard

Any discussion of food is going to need to separate Western countries from Eastern countries because Eastern countries are honestly on a whole different level when it comes to food.

For example, in my city of ~500,000 people, there are imho 2 excellent Chinese restaurants, 2 excellent Pho, 1 excellent Bahn Mi and 0 zero excellent Indian/Thai/Japanese/Korean.

I know that I have much higher standards but if you have spent years living in Asia and come back to the USA and you’ll have a really hard time saying that there are lots of great Asian restaurants in the USA.

Also, seeing shitty frozen food chain restaurants all over the suburban hell scape is titling and depressing even if it is possible to eat at decent local restaurants instead.

1 Like

I can only really speak for Los Angeles, but the array and quality of food here is amazing. From Michelin stars to order-at-the-counter James Beard nominees, we’ve got it all. Every possible ethnic cuisine and some awesome cross-pollination - I ate at an Oaxacan/Lebanese place in Boyle Heights last week. And LA County’s population is higher than 40 states, so I don’t know what makes any of them more “America” than LA. I assume the same can be said about NY.

1 Like

I was shocked in Paris at how many completely terrible chains there were. There is a Pret a Manger (basically Panera) on every corner and it sucks! And the actual French people went there!

Worse is the amount of people chain smoking on the streets, which really ruins any kind of street food culture.

2 Likes

Elite Asian food > elite European food

4 Likes

Coupon :vince4:

9 Likes

Well duh

1 Like

Proof positive genes are a thing. Hideous.

Ya this pretty much sums up what I have felt for a long time in a better way than I could ever write. Also your points about Eastern food being better then Western food are 100% correct.

Ivana though

Oh shit I read that as Ivanka.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Vhokie/status/1593039805163929600

2 Likes

My Twitter account

(image TRUTH)

( truth (lol) | raw text )

I think you may have misread my post because you’re essentially agreeing with it

1 Like

I’ve lived a good bit of my life outside the US. For me personally, it was better community but not at all in the way Wichita was referring to.

Agree that you can’t just move to Spain and just get assimilated into a random small town Spanish community.

I was trying to say this above, but this is much more direct.