The Former Presidency of Donald J. Trump, Volume XII: Nevertheless, NFTs!

Since you have no timeframe for the powerball, Ill pick that one

1 Like

Until someone in our government decides to get a spine Iā€™m not sure it matters how guilty he is or how obvious his guilt is. Iā€™m not even sure it matters how serious the offense is.

In 2016 Trump said he could shoot someone in Times Square and get away with it and so far that seems correct. There are dozens of slam dunk Trump crimes out there. This is just the most recent one. He doesnā€™t get prosecuted because the prosecutors and politicians behind them know it would be a dangerous circus if they actually do indict/arrest/prosecute him for any of this. Iā€™m not sure that calculus changes because of LOL DOCUMENTS.

Every other iteration had rats jumping off the ship. Barr is just one of this iterationā€™s example. Expecting Merrick Garland who is a poster child EDem loser to pull the trigger here just isnā€™t backed up by any actual history or facts to this point.

7 Likes

Also I have seen a lot of takes elsewhere that are something to the tune of ā€œIf they dont prosecute him for this then that undermines the rule of law!ā€

Those people honestly havenā€™t been paying attention because the rule of law here has basically never existed at least on anything resembling a level playing field. The biggest financial criminals in our society are the ultra rich. Thatā€™s exactly the only way you get ultra rich in USA #1 at least in recent history. People like Elon Musk who is a perpetual fraudster. He has no chance of ever being prosecuted. Meanwhile we have poor people being prosecuted for bad checks and unpaid school lunches.

6 Likes

I think they should prosecute in order to induce a violent reaction that changes the political discourse. The people in power who donā€™t want to prosecute agree with me on the outcome and are afraid.

Charging Trump is an accelerationist strategy, politically, that escalates polarization to a more confrontational stage and Iā€™m all for it.

3 Likes

Iā€™m firmly in camp wait and see. If they never charge him itā€™s a complete admission we donā€™t even pretend to live under the rule of law.

IIRC he didnā€™t say heā€™d get away with it, he said he wouldnā€™t lose any votes

Your next post is spot on, so maybe itā€™s time we start holding the elite accountable. I donā€™t see such an observation as being a good argument for having a defeatist attitude. Itā€™s gotta start somewhere

Iā€™m with you on this one.

I am guilty of having a defeatist attitude since about March 2020(Super Tuesday). Iā€™d love to be proved wrong at some point that it isnā€™t the correct way to look at things. Also you are right about the Trump quote but that doesnā€™t change the fact itsā€™s pretty obvious he sees himself as against the law. Probably butchering this one too but he openly said in 2016 that paying taxes was for morons and losers. No one even blinked an eye really.

If the system wonā€™t hold them accountable, how can we hold them accountable outside the system?

Really, that ship sailed when Muller laid out a case for obstruction of justice. All we can hope for now is that somehow we fade a Trump/DeSantis presidency and I donā€™t even know what the long-term solution looks like.

Well thereā€™s that part about recovering top secret classified info, damage assessment, and keeping it away from any more bad actors

Sort of. Itā€™s rule of law for some people.

Posting this without even reading the thread to see if it was already posted because we definitely got him!!

14 Likes

Canā€™t wait for all takes from journalists like ā€œBoth Democrats and Republicans agree Trump is an obvious criminal who belongs in prisonā€ while nothing bad ever happens to him.

Hunter Bidenā€™s laptop exonerated Trump from Russia collusion lmao

1 Like

lol ā€œlong beforeā€. It was 28 days. Donnie sounds a bit shook.

Why wasnā€™t America made great during the 4 years of Trump? Would it be great after one more Trump term or would we still need more years under Ivanka/Don Jr/Barron to finally achieve greatness?

3 Likes

As important as it is to hold Trump accountable for his newest clown show, Iā€™m honestly more concerned about the overturning of elections and what happens when they simply ignore the vote count and install whoever the fuck they want. When voting is no longer even a theoretical option to fight fascism I can only think of one way left and Iā€™m pretty sure you know what it is

1 Like

giphy

5 Likes