The Former Presidency of Donald J. Trump, Volume XII: Nevertheless, NFTs!

VP lets him run shit however he wants and sets him up for a slam dunk in 2028 as long as Trump endorses him but at the same time Trump was totally willing to watch Pence get hanged so Desantis probably knows he can’t count on the endorsement.

DeSantis can tell Putin that he’s more reliable and all of a sudden Trump gets a polonium enema during his next meeting with Russia.

DEEEEE-santis? More like F-Santis. What a failure that guy is!

1 Like

I’m honesty not even sure. Look at him running to the right of Trump on vaccines. He’s smarter, faster, hungrier, and he has his finger on the pulse of where rightwing America is. He ticks off all of the kulturkampf boxes that Trump does but he’s not going to make all Trump’s stupid unforced errors like bragging about vaccines and shit.

And the general election would be a cakewalk. Maybe I’m pessimistic, but Biden or Harris vs. Desantis seems like it would be a Reagan vs. Mondale ass whipping. There’s a fair chance Trump is too old and tired to bother running, a fair chance Desantis could win outright in a primary, I’m taking a flyer on that for sure.

2 Likes

DeSantis gets a lot of the Republicans who said they didn’t like Trump because of the tweets and vulgarity, but voted for him anyway. Trump makes the country club Republicans turn up their nose a bit as they vote for him, DeSantis doesn’t.

1 Like

The key factor he’s missing is having been broadcast in to the homes of millions of Americans every week, he lacks the familiarity that tRUmp’s exposure to the public from the Apprentice has in droves. Most people underestimate how much damage Mark Burnett has inflicted on this country.

3 Likes

Right, which is why Desantis is a stronger general election opponent but I still think he gets wafflecrushed in a primary.

Nobody can come close to Trump in the area of lib-triggering, which is really really important to their base.

1 Like

Desantis can try to thread the needle of ‘trump is a great guy, I love him and I will govern as a maga president but these vaccines … I don’t know … Maybe he spent a bit too long in the swamp for his own good’ if he praised trump hard enough before the subtle dig might get around the tripwires.

Don’t agree with this take at all.

Trump isn’t a unicorn is that arena.

Imagine somebody behaving like 80% as racist, sexist, stupid, crazy and reckless as Trump, but only getting about 10% of the blame from the media and the nation at large about it because he’s more buttoned down and says it a little more politely, but with a slight smirk.

You don’t think that can come close in terms of triggering you?

Now imagine all the country club right wingers you interact with telling you with huge shit eating grins that DeSantis is presidential, in fact more presidential than anyone we’ve had in the White House since Reagan.

Libs are elitists who hate dumb and uneducated guys. They get triggered by those guys succeeding. DeSantis won’t trigger the libs as much as Trump if he presents himself in a way that comes across as being of even average intelligence.

Also, Trump is Trump. In theory a DeSantis type could potentially be as triggering to the libs as a Trump type, but DeSantis is not and will never be as triggering as Trump. He’s got that special sauce.

Tons of libs will be relieved by DeSantis, he will of course do 90% of the same awful shit but probably won’t praise actual Nazis and therefore won’t make them feel as yucky. Libs are nothing if not enormous wimps, if offered certain DeSantis to guarantee trump exits politics many say yes.

1 Like

OT I hate that word. Was once forced to remove it from a report where I used it as a synonym for ‘outlier’ because I couldn’t find a suitable reference for that usage.

Not sure how well DeSantis can succeed though with Republicans because of his Ivy league background and not sounding stupid enough. I think the Trumpkins like how self-consumed Trump is as well as his moronic way of speaking. Agree that DeSantis would have a hard time in a primary.

1 Like

How can Ivy League background be a knock? Trump has one also and won’t shut up about it.

Agree that not sounding stupid enough is a problem.

I think you can associate Ivy League with elitist. Is Wharton considered Ivy League? The dumbing down of the Party is making a prestigious education more of a negative IMO.

Not sure what you mean by ‘considered’. It’s not a matter of opinion.

Florida Man has a degree from the University of Pennsylvania. The University of Pennsylvania is in the Ivy League.

3 Likes

his ivy bona fides are a positive with the donors, and he never brings them up to the base, so if you brought it up to the villagers, they would likely ignore it, if not outright disbelief the biased wikipedia.