The Former Presidency of Donald J. Trump, Volume XI: The Crypt Keeper Years

They probably asked Trump’s team if he was sick, they said fuck off, and they all went home congratulating themselves for having having asked.

4 Likes

we all knew in the moment that trump was a heavy favorite to be pozzed and also that it was extremely likely that he knew it before the debate based just on the way the campaign weasel-worded their statements about Trump’s negative tests. It was a the lock of the century.

5 Likes

look, here we figured it out after about 10 seconds of looking at the statements they made and when they made them and who was on and off AF1:

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1466083172819558409

It appears the old adage about sunlight being the best disinfectant was wrong. Sunlight appears to be the best accelerant. The uncertainty about whether people would actually be held accountable for doing horrible shit probably put the brakes on some of these assholes, but with everything coming out about the past administration only getting a shrug in response, it’s hard to imagine less of this stuff happening in the future.

2016 changed everything. If Drumpf had been humiliated, a lot of this shit would have stayed underground. But now they’ve learned they can fly their freak flags high.

1 Like

Meadows may be ok cooperating with the 1/6 committee for now so he can promote his book.

Meadows’ memoir, The Chief’s Chief, will be published next week by All Seasons Press, a conservative outlet. The Guardian obtained a copy on Tuesday – the day Meadows reversed course and said he would cooperate with the House committee investigating the deadly Capitol attack of 6 January.

All Seasons more like Four Seasons.

Re Trump poz

“Mr President,” Meadows said, “I’ve got some bad news. You’ve tested positive for Covid-19.”

Trump’s reply, the devout Christian writes, “rhyme[d] with ‘Oh spit, you’ve gotta be trucking lidding me’”.

The next thing Trump said was, “hey if both me and Joe got the same covid, I’d be the only one to survive, right?”

1 Like

According to Meadows there was also a negative test following the positive and preceding the helicopter trip to the hospital for COVID treatment because he had COVID.

https://twitter.com/margommartin/status/1466046708043894785?s=20

Just your average he said, he said.

Guess we’ll never know if the sitting president tried to assassinate his political rival with a biological weapon on live TV.

Oh well.

2 Likes

Depends on Meadows’ rhyming skills.

It is truly astonishing to see the current administration carry on normally, thinking they can like tweet out a good jobs report and this will all just go away.

2 Likes

Shamelessness is a cheat code for this. If you get caught hiding something bad, the “sunlight” works. People immediately latch onto the idea that if you hide something then you must be doing something bad. But if you openly do bad things right from the outset, so you are already in the sunlight, then you can’t be outed. People are stupid and if you say “if what I was doing was so bad, wouldn’t I have tried to hide it?” then people will believe you that it couldn’t have actually been that bad.

At some point we are probably just going to have to accept that Americans are simply too selfish, ignorant and hateful to have a functioning democracy.

What astonishes me is that elites are just standing by and letting it happen. Once we have one party rule they will be in a far worse position and it’s beyond my comprehension that they don’t see it.

2 Likes

have you considered the sweet sweet tax cuts?

It’s hubris. The current elites have coasted through life being handsomely rewarded for doing practically nothing. They literally have it so good that they think it will just be that way no matter what happens.

2 Likes

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/video-shows-alleged-insurrectionist-wondering-if-capitol-rioters-were-actually-just-stupid

Well, the guy has made it closer to the truth than like 90% of Americans. Maybe he should be President?

25 posts were merged into an existing topic: Trump-loving parents of school shooter flee: MANHUNT

If I don’t respond to the voicemails I’m getting today, they’ll “be forced to take impeachment against me”. Yeah, like that means anything.