The Former Presidency of Donald J. Trump, Volume XI: The Crypt Keeper Years

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/melania-trump-final-days-white-house/2021/01/18/291239b6-59cf-11eb-b8bd-ee36b1cd18bf_story.html

The video was designed in part to separate herself from the president’s pugilistic tone, according to a White House aide. Some had hoped that she would at least mention, if not welcome, incoming first lady Jill Biden, but she did not.

The first lady also remained silent for several days after the deadly riot, and then sounded oddly absorbed with her own image at a time of national crisis in a statement she released Jan. 11. “I find it shameful that surrounding these tragic events there has been salacious gossip, unwarranted personal attacks, and false misleading accusations on me,” she wrote, while also calling for a national “healing.”

congress needs to initiate a 9/11 commission style investigation into melania trump’s citizenship and deport her to mexico until we figure it out

5 Likes

Please don’t stop shitting on melania after trump isn’t president, it always kills me.

Live blogging her convention speech was a classic for me

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/mbrodkorb/status/1351354460447137793?s=20

Kohls also allegedly dropping My Pillow from their inventory

Meanwhile in Wyoming:

https://twitter.com/MikeBrestDC/status/1351296037504344067?s=20

10 Likes

23 Likes
1 Like

Party of family values!

6 Likes

I’m for it. Go away Wyoming.

5 Likes

Ah! Well, nevertheless

4 Likes

TREASON?

4 Likes

Harry dig?

IANAL but don’t you have to demonstrate actual loss of business associated with this? Like what is the maximum amount he could get stung for?

https://twitter.com/SteveSchmidtSES/status/1351361120129441796?s=20

Though I abhor the majority of those who make up The Lincoln Project and question their effectiveness during the election, this thread is well written.

2 Likes

I love the “it could go either way” here. OK man thanks for the dispatch.

Also NAL.

“Dominion has been forced to expend substantial monetary sums to protect the health and safety of its employees following innumerable death threats from the social media mob that your statements have agitated against Dominion. And your misrepresentations have required the company to incur substantial attorneys’ fees and to mitigate the damage you have inflicted upon Dominion’s reputation.”

3 Likes

You usually have to show damages, but there is defamation per se which applies to types of statements so harmful you don’t have to show that they specifically damaged you, as damages are presumed. The types of categories differ by state - it’s often things like crimes involving moral turpitude, allegations that hurt a person’s business or trade (and then some antiquated ones like being unchase or having a VD).

Here it is almost certainly satisfied since the allegations are Dominion committed serious crimes and the allegations harm their business.

Assuming Dominion can’t show actual damages, the damages awarded could range from nominal to a ton if the jury wants to award punitive damages (which are available so long as Dominion can show MyPillow guy acted with malice, which seems pretty obvious).

Given how crazy the claims and the MyPillow guy are, my gut would be unless he gets enough Trumpers on the jury, he’s going to have to pay quite a bit.

7 Likes

Lindell might legitimately be the dumbest person I’ve ever seen.

3 Likes

Crack is whack

2 Likes

In the days after the election, Mr. Barr was silent on the issue, and he did not correct his earlier claims about fraud or encourage the public to accept the results. By the time he acknowledged in December that the Justice Department had found no evidence of voting fraud on a scale that could have affected the outcome, his earlier theories about election interference had metastasized.

In his ITV interview, Mr. Barr was unwilling to discuss any role that Mr. Trump might have played in the mob attack. “I leave it to the people who are looking into the genesis of this to say whether incitement was involved,” he said, not naming his former boss.

Mr. Barr also seemed to back away from a stronger statement he had made the day after the riot, when he told The Associated Press that Mr. Trump’s conduct was a “betrayal of his office and supporters.”

“Orchestrating a mob to pressure Congress is inexcusable,” Mr. Barr told The A.P.

In a nod to longstanding complaints by conservatives that social media companies unfairly censor them, Mr. Barr also told ITV that “the suppression of free speech” was to blame for the riot. He said some people might resort to violence when they “lose confidence in the media.”

1 Like

I fast forward though every scene without Adriana La Cerva because of reasons.

1 Like

From that mypillow article, a reporter spotted this on Lindell’s Trump meeting notes:

“Move Kash Patel to CIA acting”

Wtf does mypillow guy know about CIA shit and how it might benefit Trump?

2 Likes