The Former Presidency of Donald J. Trump, Volume XI: The Crypt Keeper Years

And like what, 20 million people watched the big bang theory every thursday night? Ain’t nobody devoting their personality to that.

Hannity has about the audience Anderson Cooper does with less money and charisma. If we said “if Obama endorsed AC he’d get rallies of thousands” it would be equally absurd.

Trump is an absolute unicorn who cannot be replicated.

2 Likes

DeSantis wouldn’t get the crowds, but he’d get the votes.

And he’d be much more competent with the fascism.

1 Like

Also Dem enthusiasm and turnout is going to crater. Watching the Dem establishment dick around for 4 years is going to, justifiably, leave a ton of potential Dem supporters think “why bother?”

2 Likes

Think and hope that the WAAF crowd is wrong. I am chomping at the fucking bit to vote against these assholes, until the end of time. I’ll vote for Biden, Harris, fucking Yang, fucking Pete rather than against them or not vote. And I’m gen x and never voted before 2018.

2 Likes

What evidence do you have that DeSantis would carry 70 million votes? I don’t see it. The dude is boring.

2.5 million Hannity lol viewers ain’t evidence.

15 Likes

Don’t see it. He is missing a massive component, perhaps the most important one.

He is not driving voter turnout unless Trump is standing behind him. Trumpers will not follow him without questioning his swamp like existence.

Any career politician is going to struggle to pick up the trump mantle midstream no matter how racist they are.

You think people will be going to big Desantis Rallies? I don’t see it. I am sure I am wrong. But desantis possesses none of the things that makes Trump Trump, and in some cases the exact opposite.

I think the republican primary will be pretty brutal.

2 Likes

There’s no way Trump sits by and endorses someone for President instead of running himself, that would be admitting that he’s a weak loser.

3 Likes

So much of trumps appeal to his cult followers is he was an outsider. Being an insider is a pretty big x mark against.

1 Like

Also Trump is incapable of letting anyone else have the spotlight. So inevitably, even if DeSantis gets nominated with Trumps endorsement, Trump will eventually turn on him for being insufficiently loyal or whatever, we’ve seen this movie a hundred times.

I’m still terrified of DeSantis but he’s not going to win because of Trump. He will win because he is an absolute master at this shit and expertly toes the line by being deplorable enough for the Trump base and respectable enough to not repulse suburban casual racists.

9 Likes

Yeah Tucker would have a much better chance of taking that mantle but I think Tucker knows he is an imposter and that would ultimately trip him up.

Maybe those of us who think desantis can’t generate that support are wishful thinking.

But if the dems keep doing nothing and desantis is the Republican nominee I could see the drop in overall voter turnout from 20 to 24 to be obscene.

Trump polarized people. These other guys are run of the mill politicians who are not a draw positively or negatively.

Would they really identify as Dem though in a poll response?

This. He ran commercials during his election where he was sitting with his toddler son playing with blocks chanting “build the wall.” His legislative action hs been elite mix of reactionary red meat and populist actions, and he doesn’t seem prone to making fuckups. Barring some kind of scandal, he’s going to be going into the primaries as a massively popular governor in conservative circles, and conservative media is going to be hyping him up, and he’s actually going to have some modest environmental credentials. There is going to be very little that will galvanize the greater left wing of the country against him.

Yeah. Trump was unique in his total distain for governing. Literally everything was about personal gain or ego. Trump also was impossible to work with for anyone with even an ounce of integrity. DeSantis wouldn’t be able to duplicate the Trump phenomenon, but I guess he could do a lot of damage in his own way.

1 Like

Am the only one that thinks of this when I see Milley?

SamTheEagle

15 Likes

So he is like the next Jeb Bush?

DeSantis is 5’9", maybe. The last president that short was Truman, who backed into the presidency. L’il Ronnie will wear platform shoes, and Trump, while wearing taller shoes, will make fun of him for it. Trump is listed as the third-tallest president in history at 6’3". Even W was listed at 5’11.5", and he seemed shrimpy. Stupid stuff like that and attractiveness matter a lot.

1 Like

https://mobile.twitter.com/MikeSington/status/1408128431624097793

What a baby.

Also deleted above post it was Twitter excerpts on book about trump being sick during Covid. The link was causing a problem I think

Is it poll response or their voter registration?

Lol @ the guy not even addressing any facts this is based on, but going straight to the judges being registered as Democrats, complaining about the „politization of justice“.
What an idiot.

1 Like