https://twitter.com/joshgerstein/status/1398071965294989318?s=21

2 Likes

Smart. Baiting Trump.

9 Likes

Wild read:

https://twitter.com/americanethical/status/1398044553781854210?s=21

6 Likes

had three of the highest annual trade deficits in U.S. history

He sure showed China who was boss, thank God Biden stopped those idiotic tari…oh wait.

1 Like

All that in four years, and I can still think of a bunch of stuff that was left out:

• Continually referring to the Air Force’s “invisible planes”
  • Firing Rex Tillerson while he was on the toilet
  • The Cabinet meetings (plural!) where they went around the table and had each person say why Trump was the greatest
  • Offering to buy Greenland

And, of course,

and

6 Likes

Freaking out about the fast food thing was the rare actual case of Trump Derangement Syndrome, imo. Myself included.

1 Like

I didn’t freak out about it. I just thought it was one of the most hilariously gauche things I’ve ever seen. And you could tell from his face that Trump was prouder of that than anything else he’s ever done, which makes it even funnier. This was his dream come true.

8 Likes
2 Likes

I think most of the teenage boy football players he was feeding thought it was awesome too, and it was a great look for Trump given the circumstances.

Hell, if Obama or Biden did the exact same thing with a shiteating/trollish grin on their face after the Rs shutdown the government, I’d myself think it was pretty cool.

Really? I kind of doubt it.

I thought it was this also:

I read quotes from some of the players at the time and it didn’t sound like they thought it was awesome.

2 Likes

That was definitely on there.

Sure, and there is literally a quote from Trevor Lawerence being asked how the food was and saying “It was awesome, we had McDonalds and everything, it was good…” Saw one detractor from the players who went and a few from players who didn’t go saying it would be a different story if it was Five Guys or whatever.

And we’re certain that Lawrence is being truthful in his statement? I mean, what reason could he possibly have to downplay any negative thoughts on the experience?

5 Likes

Dunno, seems like a pretty genuine response off the cuff response to me:

And of course I think your attitude towards it would be influenced by your politics. Fast food being served on White House china is a surreal, trollish thing.

I mean how cold were those burgers and fries by the time the team got to them?

1 Like

Anything is possible. But it’s not like that was his first time in front of a bunch of reporters on camera.

1 Like

My favorite part of that whole thing was MAGA dipshits squaring “Trump is a successful billionaire” with “McDonalds at the White House”. To be clear, they were able to reconcile it all within their lizard brains, but it was amusing nonetheless.

That is why they loved Trump, he can have anything he wants in the world, and he prefers the same shitty food they eat.

I still remember my dad telling me, well before Trump, like in 2005 or whatever, “I don’t understand why people spend all this money on fancy restaurants… nothing beats a Whopper…”

2 Likes

Well, then why not some fine, well-done Trump steaks? We know he loves those.