The Former Presidency of Donald J. Trump, Volume XI: The Crypt Keeper Years

giphy

1 Like

My quality of life has improved since not having to read that bot. Don’t take that away from me by creating a new one.

3 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/1389928844270858240

3 Likes

Every time I hear his stupid fucking voice I am mega-triggered and have instant anxiety.

4 Likes

More happily, remember when he got banned from Twitter then kept trying to circumvent the ban and getting nuked faster than a RAIDS gimmick? Lololol that was so awesome. Small victories.

21 Likes

3 Likes

Cool that Zuckerberg has the sole power to decide to veto American democracy.

3 Likes

The article makes it sound like a Board decision. Obviously Zuckerberg has an outsized influence on Facebook’s Board but if everyone else opposed him I don’t think he could stop them.

Isn’t FBs board composed of some awful people?

1 Like

Sure. I’m just saying that once you are publicly traded the CEO isn’t really a dictator anymore.

1 Like

Zuckerberg controls 60% of the voting shares, so he is still dictator.

I don’t know that thanks.

Maybe the US should nationalize Facebook and make it part of the Post Office.

6 Likes

I am legit amazed and confused as to why Facebook is doing the right thing here. Surely they’re leaving an enormous amount of money on the table. Maybe they’ve cut some kind of deal with the Dems to not push for any aggressive social media regulation in exchange for keeping Trump off their website.

1 Like

Facebook should let Trump back on if he pays Facebook the salary cost to hire full time independent moderators who will have prior approval of any Trump posts.

Trump will be back on Facebook and Twitter as soon as he begins running for President in earnest

1 Like

I think this is it, if Republicans were in control, Trump wouldn’t be banned. FB is just trying to fade actual regulation from Dems.

5 Likes

The median Facebook employee isn’t as deplorable as the leadership. They’ve got to be able to continue to sell a “we’re a modern company with a Purpose” BS story to their people .

3 Likes

Almost certainly not, but this ain’t exactly a high bar being set here.

1 Like

FB might be afraid of reasonable people all abandoning it in droves (well, accelerating the current abandonment anyway) and effectively becoming parler.

2 Likes

Sure. Its also a pattern that is present at other large corps which channel sociopaths to head office. Those sociopaths don’t want to deal with the hassle of employee dissent. Plenty of large businesses have mandatory wokeness training now to create a narrative that they are progressive. That fiction will dissolve pretty quickly is a company is also overtly pro Trump.

I guess the tech companies might be an exception. Their typical employees might sit in a Venn diagram intersection of wanting to believe they are progressive but also being obstinate free speech absolutists.

1 Like