The Former Presidency of Donald J. Trump, Volume XI: The Crypt Keeper Years

You are referring to the Peoplemover, which is another GOAT Disney ride. It is a phenomenal ride if you’re tired and need to entertain you toddler, usually not much of a line, runs through air conditioned buildings.

1 Like

I would have guessed 35 but still.

I’m 39 and I still won’t ride coasters. Hard to say if I would cry if someone tried to make me, that’s no longer necessary. I think the only amusement park I have been to in the last 10 years is one day at Epcot.

The best rides at Disney aren’t the thrill rides.

1 Like

I feel like my tolerance for roller coasters has severely declined with age. I used to love them as a kid. Now I get a hint of motion sickness, which I have noticed is getting worse with time. I might try some motion sickness medication the next time it comes up, which due to COVID won’t be for a while.

1 Like

I did like the monorail ride over from the bus stop.

Just got a WDW ad on Facebook.

1 Like

First roller coaster was both my sisters tricking me to go on ghostrider at Knotts. Don’t know if I cried or not, but we waited in line for a long time before I figured it out and by that point they said we couldn’t leave the line and it was mandatory we went on so I just went along with it.

I’ve gone on a lot of crazy ones since even though they aren’t my jam. I get motion sickness pretty easy.

I have a pretty big fear of heights. One weird thing happened. I went to knotts scary farm and dropped acid for my friends birthday. We all just laughed at the scary monsters and talked shit.

I was always terrified of supreme scream because of the heights. On acid I had zero fear, was kicking my feet in glee at the top, and I demanded we went on it three times in a row because the view of the park on acid was breathtaking.

1 Like

Cool sisters you have :ok_hand:

Oh dude they’re epic. We played the bloody mary game where you say her name three times in the mirror with your eyes closed and shes supposed to appear.

I opened my eyes and the mirror was on fucking fire and they locked me in. I think they did it in the shape of a face but honestly my memory is super hazy about my entire childhood so not sure if thats real or something my memory is making up.

Apparently they sprayed hairspray or something on the mirror and lit it when my eyes were closed and left and locked me in. Talk about fucking terrifying.

11 Likes

My friend had two older sisters and they were pretty wild too towards him. :joy:

1 Like

My dad is afraid of heights. When we went to Disney when I was a kid, we were in line for Space Mountain, my dad figuring since it was dark, he could deal. A few minutes before it was our turn, he chickened out. Mom wasn’t thrilled about having to ride by herself/with a stranger. My brother and I still mock our dad to this day.

1 Like

Never had a problem riding rollercoasters as a kid. I think the one big that messed with me was the Sidewinder at Hershey Park. It went forwards and then backwards to where it started. I remember getting a bit concussed because my head would snap to the left and right during the corkscrews and hit against the padding there to keep us secure.

Don’t think I’ve been on a rollercoaster in 20+ years though.

1 Like

Before getting sober I hated thrill rides. Love them now. That was an unexpected result of sobriety.

I once spent two days at Disneyland in 100+ degree heat with my wife and two kids while in a self-controlled withdrawal from Xanax. It was an absolutely harrowing experience I hope I never forget.

For the last several years we had a Disney Silver Pass as a result of my wife’s job (gone now). Free entry into Disney properties and a bunch of other discounts. I became a master at navigating Disneyland and California Adventure. I don’t think I’ll ever go back if I’m paying though.

4 Likes

The last coaster ride I can remember was a rickety thing at the SC State fair with ex gf. Like the Trump years, scary af and I couldn’t wait for it to be over.

I wonder how many cell phones are retrieved at the base of rides every day at Disney.

Fitting that this is how Trump’s thread would end up. We do need an amusement park/Disney thread so I can gauge how likely the park is to be worth visiting in November. Jman gave me some tips last time and they were super helpful, even if we couldn’t do all that much with a 16-month old.

On the one hand, it’s messed up that he’s going to directly lead to the end of our democracy, but on the other, you gotta admit him rambling about the rigged election night after night at Mar-a-lago is pretty hilarious.

1 Like

I’m younger than all of you. I went on the tea cups a few years ago and they made me woozy. The tea cups!

3 Likes

Spending thousands of dollars to have teens entertain you, eat shitty food and wait in lines for hours to ride what sound like mostly terrible rides does not sound good.

Just fucking travel literally anywhere where Trumpkins don’t go and it is a lock to be better.

4 Likes

Honestly, who hates on Disneyland?

1 Like

Ive never been so I can’t properly do it but have heard lots of friends tell me it sucks. Long lines. Hordes of crying/screaming kids and unhappy families.

There is also the fact the entire world is drastically more interesting than Disney. I’m far from a hipster @Surf but come at me bro.

We also couldn’t have kids. If we did I’m sure we would have gone. I know adults who go there no kids. That I do not get. If you have kids I totally get it.

1 Like