The Former Presidency of Donald J. Trump, Volume XI: The Crypt Keeper Years

Sure - but different to find someone to spend a few days getting to be on national TV than trying to find someone to do protracted legal work.

Lawyers couldn’t stiff court reporter - if they did, they would likely be disbarred.

But they had the power to exclude as many of those witnesses as they wanted.

fucking fuck if they truly cave. i honestly thought raskin is smarter than that, and hoping he has some other motion to keep witnesses in play.

It was Schumer, likely with a nudge from Biden.

1 Like

Frustrating, but let’s be honest. Dems would’ve ended up finding a way to lose the messaging war with witnesses. They would’ve had to clamp down on GOP troll witnesses. and it would immediately be “why don’t Democrats want to get to the truth?? What do they have to hide?” NYT: After pressing for witnesses, Democrats block appearance of multiple key figures. Etc. etc.

1 Like

So voters were bludgeoned into choosing a safety net cutting war criminal over material aid because they needed to hold the big bad guy accountable.

Then when it came time to hold him accountable, Dems gave up to go on recess. No aid, no accountability

Lol at anyone who votes for a Democrat ever again.

Oh, and the new budget cuts Medicaid. Boomers voted to cut their own Medicaid rofl. Congratulations to everyone who fucked over the poor this year.

And the kids are still in cages

12 Likes

Yea this makes sense. We were never getting 67 to convict. Adding witnesses just delays covid relief and that is Biden’s #1 priority.

Right that’s why the checks aren’t out yet and Congress is going on recess. Real number one priority vibes when we haven’t heard a peep from Biden about working through the recess

@microbet What happened to our protest?

Lawbro coming to terms.

https://mobile.twitter.com/gtconway3d/status/1360659761407131655

1 Like

Forgot about it. I’m still up for it. Down by the border would be good…and before it gets hot!

Maybe spend the night before and after in the Otay Mountain Wilderness.

7 Likes

These dickheads are only just figuring this out now?!?

2 Likes

Yeah this is apparently what happened:

https://mobile.twitter.com/CeciliaVega/status/1360671540292030465

1 Like

That’s the only thing the 25th is supposed to be for. Well until Joe officially loses it.

The Senators are the judge and jury in the Senate, and as Rs have proven they can execute those roles however they want. Oh, you want a thousand witnesses? As judge, I say lol no fuck you! And not gonna let you troll me and waste my time by having a thousand votes on it either, gonna reject all your witnesses on one vote as irrelevant.

Can go cry to Fox News w/ your BS claims of a “biased court” if you want, IDGAF.

1 Like

This guy gets it. We are in the 0.000001% of those paying attention or caring.

https://mobile.twitter.com/tiffmc1013/status/1360672004311945218

3 Likes

Right, team biden understands they need to do a bunch of things and they’re already behind, but there’s a twitter group that’s very upset they’re not fighting impeachment super hard with witnesses and all that.

I’d pick biden’s side but if enough of the latter don’t turn out because of this it’s still WAAF in 22.

4 Likes

Witnesses won’t change the outcome.

Which is why we know this whole “for Biden’s agenda” shit is idiotic. Republicans are going to obstruct everything regardless of how much Democrats capitulate.

Should be fun to see Biden’s brilliant strategy to get his AG confirmed once there’s nothing the Dems can offer up to appease Lindsey Graham.

Agreed. Senate should cancel recess.