The Former Presidency of Donald J. Trump, Volume XI: The Crypt Keeper Years

https://twitter.com/cristianafarias/status/1356649993231343616

2 Likes

My 6th grade teacher gave me a set of Reader’s Digest condensed versions of Dickens.

A Tale of Two Cities might be the only one I’ve read the full version of. I still remember the opening and closing lines over 40 years later. It’s great.

Never been able to get past ch 1 of Moby Dick. Tried several times.

honestly, I never really enjoyed Catcher in the Rye. Maybe because I was never really a disaffected teenaged boy? We didn’t have a word for it then, but man, that book has real incel vibes.

4 Likes

yeah I’m not a fan either

I don’t know why we’re comparing Moby Dick with Dickens. I haven’t read Moby Dick but it sounds terrible. Dickens is great. He wrote actual interesting stories that are enjoyable to read.

2 Likes

What are you reading? - Arts & Entertainment - Unstuck Politics Forum

Pitch us your favourite novel - Arts & Entertainment - Unstuck Politics Forum

eta: Just a suggestion for discussions of novels.

3 Likes

This is one of those classics that was never assigned in any of my classes, so I never read it.

How does Moby Dick not sound like a fun adventure? Going asea to hunt whales with a deranged captain and your bff is a cannibal? And you learn lots of whale facts, too.

3 Likes

If that was the story yea. But there’s probably 100 pages at least of pointless details about the 19th century whaling industry. In excruciating detail.

I’ve read abridged versions that take out all the tedious stuff and it’s a much better read.

Have you ever read The Princess Bride?

1 Like

Nope until just now I thought it was just a movie LOL

1 Like

It’s arguable that the book is better than the movie.

It claims to be an abridged version that takes out a bunch of tedious details like dozens of pages describing packing and unpacking luggage.

3 Likes

Last couple of years of mom’s life, I was hard-pressed to find Spanish version books for her to read on a cheap tablet I got her. I gave her Moby Dick thinking, “That’ll keep her busy a while.” Wrong. She was up day and night reading the damn thing. Now I feel obligated to read it myself, eventually.

3 Likes

The Princess Bride is an outstanding book and well worth a read even if you’ve already seen the movie 100 times.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1356583166279098370?s=20

9 Likes

Not as cool as the headline unfortunately.

"I couldn’t accept it because my husband was ill and then they asked me again about it and I wouldn’t travel because of the COVID,” Parton said.
She also stated that President Biden has made the same offer.
"Now I feel like if I take it, I’ll be doing politics, so I’m not sure,” Parton added.

You really have to try reading it as an angsty 13 year old boy

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/lispower1/status/1356723155721715715?s=21

Lol. When you’re so batshit crazy that even the Newsmax anchor has to leave.

33 Likes

He’s like “ya know, if I’m not on screen I think maybe that means I can’t be sued.” It’s worth a shot I guess.

8 Likes

Sources at the secretary of state’s office say an email that Wood sent to Gray caused them to launch an official investigation.

In the email, Wood confirmed he moved to South Carolina, writing “I have been domiciled in South Carolina for several months after purchasing property in the state in April.”

3 Likes