The First Trump Impeachment: Wrap Up and AMA (Within Reason)

I did provide that context, it’s right at the top of my post.

I don’t think you were convinced they’d convict, but you definitely thought it was a possibility:

I think even these scumbag GOP senators are going to understand the gravity of this to their re-election chances by the time it gets to the trial (even if they acquit), and if the Vindman firing is real that will accelerate.

The entire thrust of your posting was that GOP Senators would have to care about Vindman because he was a war hero and that if they didn’t, it would create a firestorm of bad press around the GOP that would hurt their re-election chances. None of that was true. Everyone said so at the time.

1 Like

Huh? You’re declaring victory because somewhere around 50% of the country supports impeaching him? That number is worse for you than the one I posted. That’s LESS than the percentage of people who have consistently said they disapprove of the job he’s doing over the course of his whole term in office. How is impeachment a win for the Dems when not even everyone who explicitly disapproves of Trump agrees he should have been impeached?

2 Likes

LMAO amazing receipts. We all know they exist but are too lazy to go find them so thanks for doing the work there.

2 Likes

That’s not good enough.

That’s like saying, ‘nukes have been launched according to Twitter person’. People react to that report saying all kinds of stuff, but it turns out not to be true. And you’re treating it like it’s just a normal post. It wasn’t. I was super pissed that I fell for misinformation, and generally am saying there’s no verification of this sort of thing. I’m pretty sure I said multiple times that anything I said was void if it didn’t actually happen, because nothing had actually changed. And again, I left the site with that particular conversation as one of the instigating factors of it.

About acquittal, come on. I have plenty of posts on here about that. All of my speculation was related to whether the House would impeach, which almost no one on here thought would ever happen before the Ukraine scandal. That was despite constant and sustained momentum for it in the wake of Mueller’s testimony. I even predicted when it would happen within a matter of days (no matter what they impeached over they were never voting after the beginning of the year).

Microbet used me as an example when I said I didn’t think there was barely even the slightest chance one Senator could move over or whatever the post was. My stance was that I wouldn’t speculate on the Senate until they took their oaths. The final witness vote told you all you needed to know. If there were no witnesses, nothing was going to change. He used it to say the person who thinks he should be impeached the most on this site says it’s not gonna happen and that no Senators might cross. I don’t think that was a post about acquittal, but about any GOP Senators voting to convict (I’m not going to look to find out).

I said nothing could move the needle if the Vindman thing happened and no one had a problem with that. Too bad we didn’t get a chance to find out before the acquittal. There was a reason he didn’t do it at that time. It wasn’t because he changed his mind, he did it fewer than 48 hours after he was acquitted. He fired the two first hand witnesses to the incidents he was impeached over who said anything about it (one after he had perjured himself)…lol.

Pulling that post out is shameful, sorry. You’re just trying to shame me, and that’s not gonna play (there were way easier targets to find on me). You’ll eventually get your wish that I’ll leave again, because this place is a cesspool of negativity, apathy, and wrong priorities. It’s why we’re going to lose if it happens.

Nearly 50 percent of the country wanted him removed from office, and 41-42 did not (and there were hardly any impeachment polls that came out during the trial). Before the Ukraine scandal, I think that number was around 32 percent. Nearly 10 percent of Democrats said they did NOT want him removed. That’s fucked up.

If 50 percent of people want him removed from office, how is he possibly going to win the election outside of massive cheating? Think of what you’re saying. How is he going to win with 42 percent support? Oh yeah, the recipe is what’s being done on this site. It really pisses me off how you can sit over there in Australia and shit on people who are actually living it while you sip your tea or whatever.

You’ve been minimizing a whole lot of stuff in a bad way lately. I’d suggest you stop doing that unless your goal is to put enraged people in even more of a rage.

Honestly I don’t even know what you think these “priorities” you’re so worked up about should be. What, concretely, should the forum be doing right now? Getting worked up about the corrupt Republicans, for some reason? How will that help?

Here’s the thing: everyone already knows Trump did the Ukraine crimes. People don’t care. They don’t care because they view the entire system as corrupt. The voting base of GOP Senators don’t care that they acquitted Trump because they’d have done the same.

1 Like

In all seriousness, do you have a therapist? If not, you should seriously consider finding one.

1 Like

Glad you’re in the here to watch it burn camp. Your arguments are garbage. Easiest way for nothing to happen is to give a pass on it as what can be done? I’m so fucking tired of this mind set. I’m going to go ahead and gird up for the big loss in 2020, the coronation of our King, the destruction of the Legislative Branch, and start counting down the clock until the genocide on a wide scale happens. That’s where we’re headed. If you’re looking anywhere else, you’re complicit. If you don’t do your part to vote him out, you’re complicit. I will not be complicit.

If this site is any kind of microcosm of the real world (it’s not), we are absolutely doomed. And with that I say a merry ‘fuck off’ to you and anyone else who thinks the way you do. You’ll get what you deserve.

1 Like

I’m just fine, but thanks for asking.

You don’t come across as fine. I say this as someone who regularly sees a therapist and a psychiatrist, so please don’t take this as a personal attack.

1 Like

I don’t come across as fine because I’m pissed at people sweeping the end of this country under the rug? Really. Wow.

Colorado and Maine are pretty good bets.
Arizona and Iowa are plausible.
NC and Georgia might be if the elections were fair, but they won’t be, so it’s a long shot.
Kansas and Montana? You’re out of your mind.

Reminder that this is 2020, Trump will be on the ballot, and ticket splitting doesn’t happen anymore.

No one is sweeping anything under the rug.

Most of the people here have seen this coming, even those of us who held out a little hope still were heavily on the end of the spectrum that things were done. The fact that you’re flipping your shit now belies your assertions that you expected this, fyi.

Kansas has a Democratic governor, and they’re seriously thinking about putting Kobach on the ticket for that seat. They’ve already proved the GOP is in trouble in statewide elections there.

Doug Collins might get the nomination in one of those Georgia seats, and I don’t think he has a chance in hell of being a senator. It’s really about who’s up, and how mad people really are about that sham Senate trial. 80 percent of the country wanted witnesses, and the GOP told them to eff off for absolutely zero reason. And only 17 GOP Senators addressed the allegations at all on the floor (16 didn’t even speak on the floor about their vote). The GOP should not be considered a favorite to hold outside of the massive cheating that will occur because it was just given the green light.

Missing from this post: Any suggestion of what people on this forum should actually be doing.

We’re discussing the process for getting a decent Dem nominee, which is step 1 of beating the guy who managed to win an election while being very unpopular last time around. You’re screaming about the GOP all being corrupt, which is something we’ve all known for months if not years. How is your approach helping?

You do realize that every single senate race in 2016 went to the party for whom the state chose for president, right?

The number of people who will go in the voting booth and pick Trump and then a Democrat for senate is minuscule.

This is not true. I saw it coming. What I’m astonished by is that there was no action in the impeachment TV thread on the day he was acquitted. No one watched the fall of the Constitution as a tangible vote. No one talked about it on the site. No one cared about it at all (just another day at the office), but dozens of posters were losing their minds over the Iowa Caucus, as if anything that happens in this election is going to matter at all after that vote. There’s a huge disconnect here, and that’s what I’m railing against. People need to wake the fuck up before it really is too late. We’ve still got 9 months to try to do something about this, and things aren’t going to all of a sudden get better in the interim, so let’s tear ourselves apart and hand the election to them.

You’re doing such good work bringing people together.

Also, I thought “everyone can fuck off” meant you were leaving.

Dude you were lecturing us for being WAAF heads in your previous iterations of this nonsense. That was the major source of the discord with you and this site. The fact you now are here trying to lecture us for somehow not caring about this result that we all told you was coming is so far beyond insane.

No one is going to buy the gaslighting.

1 Like