The DNC 2020

I hope I get that senile.

13 Likes

Wow. That was an awesome speech. Full stop. He crushed.

10 Likes

They really should’ve tried to get him out in front of that parking lot crowd.

Would’ve figured that’s what the stage-height American flag in bright spotlight was for.

https://twitter.com/hodgman/status/1296646616510799872?s=20

:thumb:

Nope. Many people here REALLY need to expand their information bubble.

5 Likes

The writing is there, which I don’t think is a coincidence at all. The delivery was never going to be Obama level but it was 150% of what I thought Joe was capable of.

1 Like

You know, you’d think Joe, Kamala, and their spouses could take some COVID tests for a bunch of days in a row so they could at least feel safe standing next to each other.

1 Like

That was amazing. That was a flu-ridden Michael Jordan at the '97 NBC FInals. That was Kirk Gibson hobbling up to the plate and hitting a homer off of Dennis Eckersley. That was… that was Leslie Knope.

8 Likes

I don’t believe what I just saw.

7 Likes

guilty

2 Likes

This is about setting a good example.

2 Likes

WALK HIM OUT IN FRONT OF THAT CROWD.RIGHT FUCKING NOW!!!

1 Like

Yeah. I guess I was only half-serious.

Arguably empathy is the most important trait of a president and the choice on that metric is as stark as it can get. It’s two people on literally the opposite ends of the spectrum.

3 Likes

This is excellent imagery.

Great use of telephoto lens to show a packed crowd.

joe biden stepping over a bar 6 inches from the ground and receiving a standing ovation from unstuck, country is fucked

8 Likes

lol, u mad

14 Likes

ABC commentator thinks the intro video was better than Biden’s speech

LOOOL

Lots of pointing going on.

Maybe Obama coached him for this or it’s screamin’s cheerleading, but I actually feel a little enthusiasm for a change.

2 Likes