The Crypto Thread

It’s a giant scam to heed off regulation. Nothing more.

1 Like

why is shiba inu 15th in market cap now

The power of memes! (also it’s like doge, but with better tokenomics)

Thoughts about eos.io?

All crypto twitter pundits are expecting BTC to go parabolic this quarter, followed by alts. This is going to be fun!

2 Likes

One day day I’ll regret not going all in on this.

https://tiger-king.org/

https://twitter.com/crypto/status/1448580179979345920

el salvador and russia crypto is so great

BTC ATH

Lol stocks

2 Likes

Congrats to all holders!!

1 Like

fyp

2 Likes

Oh and I almost forgot…

YOUVE GOT TO PUMP IT UP

1 Like

Man, I know i’m a lolold, but JFC, I just don’t get crypto.

I kind of understood it when it could be used to buy drugs on silk road or hire a hitman anonymously on the dark web to kill your wife or something, but what’s the utility of it now? Isn’t it only used to pay off ransomware?

I only half understand stocks, but at least microsoft and apple actually create tangible things.

Wasn’t there some ancient culture that used large stones as abstract currency? Is bitcoin that?

3 Likes

When governments can print endless amounts of their currency, a decentralized and non-inflationary one like Bitcoin is the obvious solution to hedge against inflation. And Bitcoin is the technologically superior asset class to something like physical gold, especially as we move more and more into an always-online culture.

3 Likes

Crypto is pretty dumb, but NFTs are the most idiotic thing in existence. Actively rooting for it all to go to zero so I never have to hear about it at a poker table or see it on Twitter ever again.

And yea I have fun staying poor.

4 Likes

I guess where I lose the ability to follow is - isn’t bitcoin inherently linked to USD or other currencies? Until bitcoin becomes a world reserve or something it’s all imaginary too, isn’t it? I mean, it’s just diamonds, but in a non tangible form, no?

I’ve seen plenty of arguments that Bitcoin is both a great hedge against inflation and a great hedge against deflation.

1 Like

Well it is priced vs the dollar because the dollar is world reserve. That doesn’t make it imaginary. Stocks are priced vs the dollar but those aren’t imaginary people are paying money for them. Same as gold, a gallon of milk, etc.

Lol spicy take here but it’s probably more likely for the US Dollar to go to zero than Bitcoin at this point.

2 Likes

Is there an argument that crypto / nfts are not a catalyst for even greater wealth inequality?