The Crypto Thread

What do people think about this? Someone goes down the rabbit hole and links BAYC with neo nazi alt right / 4chan symbolism

Posted yesterday and already got 200K views.

Far fetched?

Zooming way out, one way to look at all this crypto stuff is as a fundamentally new branch of epistemology. It is a completely different way to know things. Seems pretty short sighted to think we’ve already seen all the possible implications from it.

2 Likes

Old news ITT

The thing where Jimmy Fallon pretends like he was doing some research and found this really cool thing called Bored Apes and bought one is so incredibly cringe.

If anyone wants to bet on this I volunteer my services as escrow.

But you get reimbursed and it doesn’t negatively effect you. Credit card rewards are a huge free roll for consumers who don’t pay interest.

yea I use credit cards over everything else because they aggressively protect me from fraud, to the point it is obnoxious sometimes, always reimburse instantly in the case of fraud or even transaction disputes sometimes, and give me a passive 2% + bonuses on all my purchases. Pretty slam dunk to me

1 Like

Last time I went overseas there were barely any fees for some of my credit cards and I got a better rate than exchanging cash.

This came out months ago unless someone new has released the same thing.

Is “…but for crypto” the main line of any ad campaigns

Although I will say that lots of stuff has organically started being used as money over the centuries. Including weird stuff like cell phone minutes in Africa in the recent past. Doesn’t seem impossible at all that crypto could become widely used as money if fucken cell phone minutes have been used as money.

Cool thing about Amex - when I get scammed I call them and get my money back instantly!

Yeah, I mean, is someone actually arguing that crypto transactions are safer than using a credit card? If you lose your credit card or it gets stolen, no big deal. If you lose your crypto key or it gets stolen, lol u.

:vince2:

1 Like

You can say the exact same thing about cash though. If you lose it or it’s stolen, there is no recourse to getting it back.

I mean, if you have it in wads in your house or in your pocket, yes. I don’t recommend that. If you have it in a bank though, it’s pretty damned safe.

Crypto bros: LOL NOOB JUST USE A GOOD WALLET OR SOMETHING

Weird, literally everything about fake money is worse than real money!

:vince3:

8 Likes

Presumably so, although keeping my cash in the bank didn’t stop the state of California from taking several thousand from my account a couple years ago, erroneously believing I owed it to them.

1 Like