The Crypto Thread

Jail Kwon

2 Likes

3 Likes

I’ll apprehend him for 20% of the money. Not joking.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/loomdart/status/1527396521305690112

2 Likes

it’s rare that i’m actually speechless

bookmarked

Where does one even begin with not just that article but the meta of Beetlejuice sharing it?

1 Like

Guess what’s going to solve the Palestinian-Israeli conflict?

1 Like

In theory, algorithmic stablecoins require no central actor like USDC does. Now in practice, I don’t think they will ever work, but I think that’s the appeal.

It’s the same appeal for DeFi as opposed to CeFi (I also think that true DeFi will never work and every true DeFi platform will ultimately be exploited).

2 Likes

It’s possible at some point that one of the notoriously unstable coins will settle into something more stable on its own without the algorithmic nonsense. Like does a fully mature BTC that’s been 99% mined still have exponential swongs, or does it settle into a narrower range like gold?

https://twitter.com/tiktokinvestors/status/1494076067669168130?s=21&t=bjH2WYIZKJgpH1tKfi8bZA

5 Likes

Damn, combine that strategy with this real estate strategy and this could be big

https://mobile.twitter.com/TikTokInvestors/status/1528068078361145344

4 Likes

Way ahead of you

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

Lololol there’s one of these a day

https://twitter.com/cryptowhale/status/1528833698988269568?s=21&t=zIDpUm9mEk5bxKaPTOHPmQ

1 Like

One thing that has gotten lost in the bickering is that I don’t think anyone really disagrees that there is rampant scames and a bunch of fucked up things happening with stuff like monkeypox coin and the crypto/nft influencers and all that.

That being said I don’t really have any sympathy for anyone who loses their ass doing the dumbest things in this space.

Has anyone come with an idea like a RugPullCoin in which they promise explicitly to rugpull, make it a huge joke that becomes a meme, watch people pump up the value for the lulz, then pull the rug as promised?

2 Likes

I don’t know about the dumbest stuff, but I do have sympathy for regular schlubs who gets fleeced because they bought into the hype and bet the farm on Matt Damon’s cryptocoins or whatever. People shouldn’t get financially ruined just because they’re too credulous and there are a lot of very sophisticated scams out there.

Do you think anyone buys crypto thinking it is a safe or risk-free investment though? Like how could you buy monkeypox coin and think there wasn’t substantial risk?

I have some sympathy for people falling for the stablecoin scames like UST but a bare bit of googling would tell you that wasn’t some risk free investment.

There have been several NFT launches around this theme. I think the discord made a decent chunk off one called NotARug which shockingly did end up being a rug basically.