The Crypto Thread

You can short tether? What’s the catch? Since shorting usually runs the risk of the asset going up in price.

Can the guys who run Tether short Tether???…

You have to pay interest on the borrowed usdt. Which is variable and may be high sometimes.

3 Likes

Where is the line drawn though? We’re not young and everybody remembers 2000 and 2008, pre-crypto.

1 Like

Unless you all are just trying to troll each other for max lulz. I admit I have yet to go back and read the missing months, but this is way more like a multi-factional civil war than one side vs the other.

This is a real and serious question. What’s the logical continuation, go to cash underneath the mattress every 12 years or so?

Stacking for a long term grievance position?

This isn’t really a fair bet though. Over a year crypto’s volatility gives you a much better chance of sunrunning a lead equities can’t possibly match.

I don’t get what you mean. Volatility doesn’t impact ev.

The bogleheads are getting in on the fun

https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6674909#p6674909

1 Like

2 Likes

True.

What I mean is there is a real chance you can randomly invest in some alt coin and gain like 1000%. This isn’t really possible in equities. Many times random luck could give you such a lead that a year of equities gain can never catch up.

If the bet was $10k put in S&P 500 vs in the top 20 coins that would be more interesting.

Oh I see what you mean. Yeah it wouldn’t be a scientific study but I would bet on Wichita based on his track record and approach to this stuff.

1 Like

Acknowledges the post. Then post the same fallacy again. Expert posting.

2 Likes

Over a year I’d bet on his side too.

change your avatar NOW

4 Likes

You could explain why I’m mistaken instead of scoring internet snark points. Just a thought.

Oh I must have misunderstood his point. My apologies. No doubt there are far more “greater fools” in the crypto game to exploit.

2 Likes