The Crypto Thread

Yeah and selling a pump so you don’t get rekt on a dip might not be the same type of work as digging a ditch, but it’s something. If you don’t have to at least do that, and have to suffer the stress and doubt and worry of having to do that, with any investment, then you’re not earning anything, you’re just being a parasite.

2 Likes

ok im definitely in a simulation cuz the thread just randomly scrolled up to this post from 37 years ago wtf:

I think ChrisV sold his manks too

2 Likes

It’s a game like poker, and even though the analogy breaks down in terms of the game thoery, the broad strokes are there. I still play poker for a living part time so it’s like, you gotta believe you’re taking money from people with too much and putting it into better hands. It applies to crypto as well because, and this might be wildly unfair but i’m firing wide and blind, people buying the top of a crypto that already went up 37000% aren’t doing so from a place of desperation, they’re doing so from a place of extreme complacency where they think nothing bad can and will every happen to them.

That’s the big thing about the death of the poker boom: it was because of the financial crisis where people suddenly had far less disposable income to throw around.

1 Like

long government bonds are good…until stagflation hits and your stock and bond portfolio both get crushed at the same time. And long bonds get super duper crushed.

Yea this is complete bullshit

yeah you’re probably right

Poor people famously never fall for get rich quick ponzis

1 Like

vince3

1 Like

we’re all inherently desperate, just various degrees

2 Likes

it’s free money why is no one taking it.

2 Likes

i want to believe the desperation would lead to them getting in on the ground floor

like, i’ve talked about it here before, my bitcoin was all under 10k, elon musk and the funds bought at 30k lol, thanks donks

pm’d you btw

1 Like

I remember that you were day trading btc around these prices, do you see yourself ever doing that again? Or are you still doing that?

I am still doing it but about that… Around the time, not uncoincidentally, I stopped posting here was the same time I lost my binance exchange account, like, I got locked out due to getting my 2FA phone stolen. Which also happened to be the week they cracked down on people using VPN accounts and made a bunch of new protocols. And i had like 80-90% of my crypto there. Yeah, i’m an idiot.

So um, that kinda made me take a break, and I rebuilt a “bankroll”
doing the NFTs. I started trading again this year because it doesn’t really matter which way the market is going.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/bigjackash/status/1524917387216179200

10 Likes

If we’re being fair I still didn’t see the crash yesterday coming. At least, not the exact timing and scope and I’m still kinda in shock.

I kept having to tell my own self “you sold the majority of your ethereum already, relax”.

Yeah you good traders can spot the highs and the lows pit pat piffy wing wong wang just like that and make a millino bucks sure no problem bro. Likewise the weak hands are like OH NO IT’S GOING DOWN I’M GONNA SELL he he he and then they’re like OH GOD MY ASSHOLE when the SMART traders who KNOW WHAT THE FUCK THEY’RE DOING buy back in but you know what? I’m not part of that group. When the traders buy back in I’m already part of the market capital so GUESS WHO YOU’RE CHEATING day traders NOT ME~! Those taunt threads saying “OHH YOU SHOULD HAVE SOLD” YEAH NO SHIT. NO SHIT I SHOULD HAVE SOLD. I SHOULD HAVE SOLD MOMENTS BEFORE EVERY SELL AND BOUGHT MOMENTS BEFORE EVERY BUY BUT YOU KNOW WHAT NOT EVERYBODY IS AS COOL AS YOU. You only sell in a bear market if you are a good day trader or an illusioned noob. The people inbetween hold. In a zero-sum game such as this, traders can only take your money if you sell.

5 Likes