The Crypto Thread

Shorting a bubble is an extremely dangerous move even at the best of times. I think you know this already, though.

3 Likes

My take is simply that a small percentage of NFTs will be worth something in 5-10 years, some of which will be worth a shit ton. Absent any speculative element is kind of hard to quantify, I mean, people can theoretically speculate in Rolexes, right? At a minimum people buying them have a certain expectation that they’ll hold value or appreciate, and nobody thinks they’re crazy for thinking that.

Will it be bored apes? Maybe, I don’t know. Seems likely they’ll be pretty valuable in 10 years, but they’re currently going for an average of like $200Kish, so they could lose half their value and still be worth a lot.

Previous title was better - thread already has enough salt (imo).

1 Like

Just so i get the timeline, @suzzer99, does the “bubble bursting” means bitcoin is staying at 25,000 dollars per unit, as oppose to 13 dollars when riverman first “lol bitcoin what a jopke”?

Or if that happens you will apologize to the thread, as this is literally what you said would prove bitcoin legit in your eyes (regardless that it has already happened numerous times before).

How have people wasted so much energy at you and you still haven’t learned a single thing?

personally i hope it goes to zero and beetlejuice will be homeless.

4 Likes

The people claiming to have proudly predicted the fall are as dumb as the ones predicting the upturn. Congrats you predicted an event with a 100% certainly to occur. Genius.

https://twitter.com/Erik_Seidel/status/1524790417635610626?s=20&t=Ce1XrnBV1g_FWtWVu4SdwQ

5 Likes

Seidel is the all around GOAT of tournament poker. Not #1 all time in money, not #1 in fame, but zero attention-seeking, zero bad behavior at the table, zero cheating allegations, and still near the top of the list.

2 Likes

I listened to that Chapo episode with Ben McKenzie and I assumed it was just a bit that it was the same Ben McKenzie from The OC.

crypto is worse than a bubble, it’s a proxy war

5 Likes

Never watched The OC, but he was James Gordon on Gotham? And he married Morena Baccarin?

I didn’t watch Gotham, but I know she’s his wife.

Yeah, he plays Jim on Gotham. A little one note, but he does a pretty good job with it

Suzzer can’t even get a win even when apes are down 300K and BTC is down 40K because everyone ITT is an expert on market timing. Rough game.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/LgDoucet/status/1524504337044541440?s=20&t=M3KG5XDG5ZL-Eq5odPru6Q

lul

3 Likes

Is there a general NFT price index chart or do y’all just look at the BAYC price listings?

https://dappradar.com/nft

2 Likes
2 Likes

To be fair, I don’t think suzzer actually reads any of the posts. He just pretends to and inserts the strawmen.

8 Likes

Not exactly what I’m looking for. Is there one index that tracks a basket of NFTs like the way the Dow is a basket of a bunch of stocks? Or do you guys just look at BAYC floor prices and use that as a barometer for how NFTs are doing?

Opensea volume is probably the best metric, though still imperfect.