The Crypto Thread

Career change opportunity here folks…

Why make 150k a year when you can make a million selling cat jpegs :thinking:

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/ManaMoonNFT/status/1497637601687212035

Any chance these become insanely valuable precisely because of how awful they are?

Yea I was thinking the same this morning. It’s definitely possible. They’re still trading at 0.5e though which is way too high for me to gamble on that sort of thing. Problem is that there will likely be even more awful ones that follow it, and it’s hard to be the ‘most awful ever’. Like a few weeks ago the most awful was probably the Hype Bears, and then those got replaced by these. No one wants the 2nd-most-awful for meme purposes.

1 Like

I was told NFTs were all about digital artists getting just compensation for their work.

I’m a relative crypto pauper but sent some of what I have to support the Ukrainian army via the below. The bright side of crypto, imo:

Recommend by Garry Kasparov:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Kasparov63

1 Like

No you weren’t.

1 Like

This artist must have signed a contract that spelled out the terms. If not, then he probably has legal recourse. I was surprised because he got paid handsomely for what appeared to be some low-poly assets and that this wasn’t another story of an artist’s work getting straight lifted by fraudsters.

1 Like

I created a Twitter style rounded hexagon RivermanDAO avatar for anyone interested
rmdao

Unfortunately until discourse gets around to actually incorporating web 3.0 features this is the closest we can get, so we have to rely on the honor system that only legitimate RivermanDAO owners will use this avatar.

6 Likes

I look forward to the day when I can give Discourse access to my wallet! Utopia.

Flycoin is a cryptocurrency that awards you with a blockchain currency for your air travel. Within 24 hours of arrival of your flight, your frequent flyer Ravn Alaska account will be credited with FlyCoin.

According to the FlyCoin website, “Unlike the loyalty programs of today, where rewards are increasingly harder to redeem and constantly devalued, rewards earned through FlyCoin actually appreciate over time, offering members an opportunity to make a low-risk investment in the future of money. Our goal is to provide a program that untethers you from the constraints of today’s loyalty programs and is actually loyal to you, the customer, instead of airlines or credit card companies.”

If anyone was thinking about joining RivermanDAO but hasn’t yet, I’d advise you to acquire a token within the next ~week or so before I take the snapshot. I’ll need to know the exact number of hodlers we have before the reveal.

5 Likes

3 Likes
3 Likes

RAE SREM!!

1 Like

Congrats all, Bitcoin is indeed useful in allowing murderous dictators to evade economic sanctions. Chessmate.

1 Like

3 Likes

Good thing the traditional banking system is never used for sketchy stuff!

4 Likes