The Crypto Thread

Noob question: it is easy to find a reputable dealer to buy gold/silver with BTC, but not so easy (i have yet ) to find one that sells BTC for gold/silver.

The former will sell gold for BTC, and will buy gold, but won’t payout in crypto .

buying/selling gold for BTC w/o any USD , seems logical step in making fiat less relevant. Am i missing these options?

Is Trudeau even ‘(centre) left’? Thing I don’t like about the Trudeau actions are that it’s a wet dream for RWNJs. They’re gonna be comparing this to the holocaust for years/decades.

This should tell you something.

This is a good thread.

Did you say “you have the right to be an attorney?”

“You do have the right to be an attorney if you want to.”

Beginner question: How could he have gotten rich?

I sorted by price from high to low, and my jpeg was selling for $4mm or something when I bought it so would actually be down $3.98mm.

In hindsight, I think $4mm was just an artificial price floor from someone wasn’t selling at the moment but not really sure how to tell whether a jpeg is legit worth $4mm or not.

Whether someone actually pays that for it is a good start.

Well by the time someone buys it, it’s too late for me to buy it unless I’m willing to pay even more.

These arguments are applicable to any art and any collectable.

Right, I don’t buy art or other collectibles either for that reason.

Is there a chance that if he had personally bought it for 900 that he may experience some eerie ass, ultimate cold deck level luck in being able to actually sell it for anything close to 14k?

nope. this was a stone-cold lock and you blew it again

2 Likes

Yeah, I get that we don’t know where the price is headed. My concern is that these purchases are swaps from person A to B - which is fine, but it gives opportunity for money to shift back and forth while raising the price while not costing particular folks any money if there was intent to do that.

You mentioned that the volume is solid. I think the volume exceeds solid and is incredibly suspiciously high compared to the amount of folks even here or anywhere who seem interested in owning this stuff.

I guess being able to log actual sells after their purchases would solve all of that.

1 Like

you are vastly underestimating the number of very crypto rich people who buy and sell this stuff, the volume on that is not fake

1 Like

they’re paying 5%+ uncapped fees on each sale, i can’t figure how faking this would be profitable

I am not saying the volume is fake, or that some rich people want them. I’m questioning if the high volume is a tool to get the price high on a “questionable” product to get some rich dude to buy it.

and even if it is a fake scam ponzi, if you know that then buy in, the ponzi guys will buy your piece higher later or they’re fucking their own position. all roads lead to buy

I’ve mentioned several times that riding a ponzi scheme is prolly the best way to make a lot of moeny.

If you guys are getting consistant sells at higher prices than there is a real demand to own this stuff.