The Crypto Thread

Kinda racist, man. This stuff isn’t hard if you just want to send and receive money.

I think this is a reasonable position. People definitely overpromised what crypto would do (e.g. eth 2.0 2 years away, 5 years ago). That said, there are real world applications and those are increasing all the time, so I think the people that just straight dismiss it are NGMI.

I also think it’s similar to people hating on Tesla - yes, they have overpromised and it’s likely way overvalued - but it’s still a cutting-edge company that is here to stay.

lol the tried and true “you’re racist” response, nice

the reason none of this shit holds up upon even an ounce of scrutiny is that no amount of technobabble word salad can cover for the obvious reality that this is all a complete bullshit pump and dump scam that’s a solution (for hucksters) in search of a problem (and with massive negative externalities)

Meanwhile in the real world: Africa: the implications of widespread cryptocurrency adoption | World Economic Forum

1 Like

Have you ever sent btc to a friend overseas? I don’t think you would be asking these questions if you had. It’s easy. Saying people in africa can’t do it is either ignorance or racism.

I tend to have the opinion that I am not going to be smarter than the market, so I guess I’ll ultimately end up owning a bunch of crypto related stuff if it becomes a big part of our world. I’d note that investing in emerging technology that ultimately becomes ubiquitous does not necessarily result in great returns (due to dilution and competition).

Overall, I’m a bit negative on crypto because I think there’s an important link between the enforcement of democracy and government control of currency. I’m not sure that is outweighed by saving on some remittance fees.

ETH to $ or $ to ETH can be done for 0.5% or less.

Take crypto out of the picture. Saying poor people in Africa can’t acquire the knowledge or technical ability for “insert whatever technology here” is somewhat racist or ignorant at best.

Lol Suzzer and I have like 35 combined years and 100k posts on two sites and yet the “racist” card first emerges for both within 24 hours in the crypto thread.

I’m know, but I was confused for a minute why riverman was telling me this.

1 Like

I’m not saying you’re racist, but the statement you made definitely comes across that way. It’s at least worth examining so you don’t make that mistake in the future.

lol Tesla and Crypto aren’t in the same cosmos. One in designed and positioned to be the dominant biz when the world decided to go full EV by 2035 while the other becomes an annex to Visa.

007, license to right-click copy

1 Like

You folks should all just come hang out with us a bit before hating so much. This is essentially poker 2.0 with good vibes and cool souvenirs.

Also nobody is begging you to get involved or whatever the implication was a few posts up. We’re trying to share the money tree with people we respect. No hate if you don’t want in, but you’re welcome to join us if you do.

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/MNateShyamalan/status/1493029359363502082?t=1yihdPTINH04YjHTbD7PCQ&s=19

1 Like

i tried to deposit with btc to WPN and the fee was $20 to send $80 what did i do wrong? i ended up using ether.

i can send $1000 to mexico with the wise app and they get 20240 pesos

comparison with bitcoin?

i could do it rn for 21 cents

3 Likes

is it because i am using binance and not a private wallet?