The Crypto Thread

Can they take your Wu Tang album and sell it?

1 Like

Not if I decentralize it and put it on the blockchain.

The gas for that transaction would bankrupt most small nations.

1 Like

ok wow i finally figured out why riverman is mad. he’s upset because he thought the bitcoin protocol prevents people who are cops from ever interacting with it. that’s a myth. idk who told you that but it’s not true, cops can move bitcoin around just the same as any other person. basketball players, waiters, scientists, janitors, the profession of the person doesn’t come into play at all, with bitcoin.

3 Likes
1 Like

So now that the US govt has seized $3.6B (or whatever the exact amount) in Bitcoin are they going to turn it into US $?

no, they’re returning it to the offshore crypto exchange that it was stolen from. and that exchange is compensating the holders who were scammed via this hilariously circuitous crypto method that i won’t describe because i barely understand it

2 Likes

lol physical art

https://twitter.com/MailOnline/status/1491443638160994304

3 Likes

If you want to hide from the government you don’t use beetcorn, you use monero. But BTC works better for other applications such as stealing 3.6 billion dollars.

Yes,so hard. that’s why all ransomware gangs only take usd as payment, never crypto.

well, they were not the brightest thieves so for them it would’ve been incredibly difficult without getting caught but if you steal stuff on a blockchain, well every exchange can simply not accept those coins b/c there’s a track record of it being stolen there. You gotta uh, come up with other methods, but it’s hard to do a lot all at once. Well, some smarter people have better ideas but also don’t hang out in new york city if you have a ton of stolen loot the US is looking for.

all I got out of that was the exchange is giving impacted users another coin instead which I hadn’t heard of but was already top 100 marketcap and stonked immediately on the news b/c well duh people knew that exchange has to buy them now.

1 Like

It was the best of crimes, it was the worst of crimes.

1 Like

I just wanna trade derivative ape gifs in the privacy of my own home and need people to get off my lawn.

The $170,000 purchase of an NFT collection auctioned by Melania Trump was made by the entity that originally put the NFT up for sale, according to blockchain records.

What a shocker :astonished:

2 Likes

Do the crypto bros here prefer a finite currency with very little govt control? That feels like a peak an-cap libertarian dream.

as a fun thing to gamble on? hell yeah

Yeah, but it’s also fun for the those who architected this scenario to help send 99% crypto to 150 people without a printing press while creating an uncontrollable urge for the little guy to buy and gamble on useless Swstry artwork.

200w

We need government to control currency to make sure the ever growing number of people on the wrong side of income and wealth inequality don’t have to worry about potential volatility of the money they don’t have.