The Crypto Thread

Eh, even like 12 years ago COD had like $1 billion a year in sales alone. It made as much as a Marvel movie, and had huge pop culture reach for that reason.

That AAA PS5 games and their crypto games are the same is not a good argument.

Honestly I’ve never been as sure in my life about anything as you appear to be about crypto.

No idea what I would do if I was that sure, AND confronted with a decade of … I dunno. Missed opportunity?

You never stop to question?

As crypto moderate, I highly disagree. I see the disconnect being as to whether to focus on 1) whether the Discord group can generate real Alpha over whatever the Beta of the crypto market is or 2) what the Beta of the crypto market is.

Regarding #1, I don’t think there is much disagreement that the Discord group has some highly intelligent people that can beat the the average ROI of the crypto market.

But regarding #2 the Beta of the crypto market, I see indications from people participating in the Discord market that they do not disagree with Riverman. Namely, that 1) if you go in without the wisdom of the Discord Group, you are practically a lamb going to slaughter, have no chance 2) one of the ways they make money is by jumping into to bubble and getting out before the bottom falls out.

All of Riverman’s focus has been on #2, and he should be allowed to have an old man yells at clouds opinion about it.

2 Likes

Does he need to post them here? Get a MySpace.

Come on now.

Dont Speak plays on a constant loop in my head, as im sure it does most people who lived through 1995

Lol decentraland describes itself as “metaverse crypto,” jlaw ok

Imagine making posts about how dumb crypto is as an investment when Bitcoin drops from $200 to $50 and still acting like the smartest guy in the room when it drops from $69k to $35k 8 years later.

Imagine having zero introspection in that entire time period, learning nothing about crypto in that entire time, and still telling everyone else how dumb they are.

3 Likes

People are entering the market to gamble here with a recommended buyin of like $10k, so yeah, think he should be allowed to say it doesn’t make any sense to him.

Things are getting a little feisty in here. Enough with the personal insults.

Rivermans posts are bad.

Likewise, comparing some AAA game studio that sells millions of copies of games a year that people play for a long time to a pump/dump crypto game company is also dumb.

2 Likes

I haven’t called anyone dumb. I’m sure most of you are incredibly intelligent.

3 Likes

oh yeah i agree. it’s not my responsibility to change his opinion if i think he’s wrong, and him having an opinion isn’t threatening to what i’m up to, he’s just one man he’s not the president. and even if a president did say crypto is “the biggest scam against the US dollar” i’d only be concerned about his ability to use his influence to jam up the market for a while. this thread is just a bit of fun

i do feel it’s a “kicking them when they’re down” situation posting in here tho. idk who brags in the stocks thread about how countercyclical crypto is, but if he made this point in there in the context of stocks being superior, it probably wouldn’t feel so personal

I dunno. I try and stay out of forum stuff. This thread is really telling. Not about any poster in particular. Just the way the mind works.

I wish I was so sure about anything. I dont even know who tf I am.

I made him a blog here:

www.rivermanthoughts.gov.www\rivermanthoughts

5 Likes

But Crypto isn’t countercylical. It’s getting hammered at the same time as the markets right now for similar reasons.

If you go into the stocks thread, stocks are down alot and the discussion is about how the market is a bubble destined to pop.

ya you’re right they’re not. they’re mega swingy tech stocks

People don’t even hear us when we try to explain our actual thoughts on this stuff. They just see the price of Bitcoin and monkey cartoons and yell “ponzi!”.

I mean hell, ask me about Decentraland. I have a much more informed opinion. Turns out I think it’s a pretty terrible project!

1 Like

C-658VsXoAo3ovC

2 Likes