The Crypto Thread

have you met @beetlejuice?

6 Likes

CHC #1 is minted.

15 Likes

Counter point - I spent 5k of my own money on a dot that is worthless now because itā€™s a dot.

3 Likes

Yea no argument here. I made like 40X on a topshot pack and quit. I just find the whole thing absurd and comical.ĀÆ_(惄)_/ĀÆ

2 Likes

If I sold the dot now I would have had a lot less money than if I didnā€™t buy the dot at all and took CanadaMatt to the french laundry instead.

2 Likes

Yeah I bought a dot for $400 and sold it yesterday for $900, a little over $760 after fees. All things considered, thatā€™s a pretty decent ROI for one month.

1 Like

Oh no, how big of a dot did you buy?

This is probably the hardest thing for me (Aside from not having any liquid capital) but like, doesnt conventional wisdom say you should only invest in things that you personally believe in?

My largest single stock is Costco, because Iā€™ve believed in their companyā€™s values and business plan, and its been incredibly lucrative. I just donā€™t believe in these NFTs, what they represent, or what the overall plan is for them. I cant imagine making a personal investment in it.

i like big dots

Is this a fat joke?

Iā€™m probably the wrong person to ask. Iā€™ve never owned stock or held crypto as an investment. I always had to stay liquid for PLO cash games that would spring up. I guess I donā€™t have an excuse now as I havenā€™t played live poker locally in 2 years. Ngmi

1 Like

wtf is ngmi?

1 Like

def ngmi

3 Likes

Second and final CHC. Have to maintain exclusivity. Whoever cash apps me $3.50 first owns it. $jwax13

4 Likes

For me, I donā€™t really care about the money and need to justify the personal commitment of my time.

One of the potential hooks is investigating the psychology of FOMO, which I have problems feeling empathy for. Itā€™s just seems so irrational to me. How much of the opportunity in crypto is exploiting the irrationality of FOMO? How much of the fun people have with crypto comes from shared addressing of this fear?

Wait what, an ecommerce site publicly exposes failed sales via api?

blockchain shows all

yeah what goofy said

lol blockchains show any attempted transaction? Seems like that would be trivially easy to DDOS. Or um something what do I know.

correct that it shows any transaction no matter if it failed or went through. The DDOS thing is not a concern but iā€™m not sure Iā€™m able to explain why, not a technical person like you guys. If you tried to send a million transactions you would just end up giving the block miners a bunch of money in gas fees. The blockchain doesnā€™t get bogged down like a website would, the busier it gets the more money you have to pay to use it.

i just went into the last mined block pulled this failed transaction out of it, cost the user $27 to fail

https://etherscan.io/tx/0xaf5eaf276777fff50ed884507c1143e61b057d289174bbf2e8bed250b98eb22b

Oh lol didnā€™t think of charging the fees regardless if the transaction goes through or not, thatā€™s pretty clever. This Nakatomi guy might be on to something.

4 Likes