The Crypto Thread

lol wat

it’s really hard to comment on the terrible anti-nft arguments, laugh at the terrible nft community bullshit and pity myself for failing all at the same time.

6 Likes

nah, i also opened the nft discourse and pulled an abe simpson in about a minute. i’m just not going to spend free time on this, so it’ll take big data union wages and free lunches and shit.

1 Like

Spotted this evening.

Hyundai i30? ngmi

4 Likes

I always assumed NGMI was just meme-ing as was most things in NFTs including NFTs being worth anything. Anyway I still find it entertaining.

1 Like

Thanks for the idea!

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/SouthPark/status/1472641295172743171?s=20

1 Like

4 Likes

I’ve heard this line about crypto too

Exactly. My plot of land on the moon I bought in the 90s will always be there.

2 Likes

Right now you don’t know what projects are gonna make it. The dream is Farmville or one of these types of games I never played, instead of people paying microtransactions to the Farmville company for coins or whatever, people would be paying other players

A massive improvement over the current state of these dumb types of games that I don’t get into personally but which I understand are very popular

Why would buying land in a game with an NFT be any different than buying land in a game with a credit card like you can do now?

Idk how else to explain it. Buying from a company and buying from other players have way different dynamics.

There already exist plenty of games with in-game currency and scarce items that people will spend real money on. The “best” items in the most popular games in the world aren’t worth 6-7 figures like these items that don’t exist yet in games that haven’t been made. It’s a bubble and it’s fucking idiotic.

Of course not. You’re not meant to sell your fifa maradona level 99 for cash, they want you stuck with their fifa tokens forever. So people who want to trade have to go underground and do shady business

being able to openly trade digital items is of course better than the current system, these guys are just so mad at themselves because they feel they missed out, or maybe they’re mad at their friends for being successful, idk. There’s a lot of psychology at play for people to spend time hating on NFTs instead of just not investing in them and doing something else with their time

1 Like

It’s not sanctioned by most developers, but it’s trivially easy. I sold some FIFA coins last week and a rare Dota item a couple years ago. I think when Diablo 3 first came out, the action house used USD.

both here

1 Like

Haha I meant suzzer

I mean yea, I just sold some fifa coins for 100 euro, BUT IT WASNT ON THE BLOCKCHAIN!!111!!!1

2 Likes