The Crypto Thread

I guess the obvious altcoin will be something like Let’s Go Brandon, Trump, Q-anon Identity Altcoin for LGBTQIA

In case you missed it:

In the curiously designed sale, which brought in $91.8 million, 28,000 buyers bought 266,445 units of a Pak artwork that could, in theory, be combined into a single NFT owned by a single buyer worth the eye-popping, multimillion-dollar total.

The (base) artwork of mass one:

5 Likes

Genius pak

https://twitter.com/muratpak/status/1468336293121826821?s=21

4 Likes

I mean surely we didnt buy pointless pebbles.

1 Like

2 Likes

11 Likes

Jean Claude has seen better days

1 Like

Where can I buy the latest Durrrrdrop?

Monaco Yachts allegedly had durr involved (probably not). Last I looked they had already mooned into the thousands of USD range though.

Still keeping an eye on news of Ethereum’s energy fix, and stumbled on this …

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-12-03/how-new-blockchain-tech-aims-to-ease-ethereum-s-growing-pains

But thinking back to my own disastrous investment in cannabis stocks … Canadian legalization was this big “sell the news” moment … Ethereum’s plans are well known, so looking ahead to the actual energy fix/upgrade … is this another buy the rumor, sell the news? Or is the growth the network is (from what I read) experiencing, sufficient? Something I’m trying to keep in mind. It seems plausible to me that there’s a price runnup and then on news of a successful fix (assuming), a price collapse.

Anyway, this is an interesting B’berg piece on level 2 networks, though it doesn’t seem to preview here.

Wtf kind of idiot would buy a jpg of a white dot for $400?

NFTs are dumb.

2 Likes

1 Like

I like the white dot art. It seems keyed into the potential for participation in the NFT art space. … imagine an NFT jigsaw puzzle where all the pieces go to different owners … and if they can be purchased and held by the same individual, it unlocks … you get the physical art behind it? … have to gamify it somehow, so you can’t hold pieces indefinitely. Once all brought together, they can’t be split back apart … seems like something “smart contracts” can do (quotes because I have no idea if they can) …

anyway, more and more I’m feeling the potential of nft art to shift how we understand some things … just maybe not “art”

1 Like

Some of the dots are blue btw

2 Likes

Some of us paid a lot more than 400 for a slightly bigger white dot.

Harold

4 Likes

That’s how they value the mass! It’s all about the size and the color!

This is a 504 mass (56th largest mass currently) and it’s yellow. The NFT is probably worth $500k or more.

You mean the nft is? Not this.

Yes of course. I edited my original post for clarification.

If that owner were to buy my single white dot mass, their mass would grow to become a 505 mass. Genius pak

Oh, I see. Interesting. So, once you’ve got the idea that bigger mass=more value, it drives up the value of all the others?

1 Like