The Crypto Thread

Counterpoint: you play at least twice as many hands per hour, don’t need to deal with people taking two minutes for a decision, and the table atmosphere is way more friendly and talkative. Also correct strategy generally has you playing more hands in limit than NL.

1 Like

When I would go to Vegas for March madness, 2/4 at the flamingo was my jam. We’d make our cbb bets in the morning or the night before and then play super low stakes limit all day while watching the games, getting free drinks, and laughing our asses off.

4 Likes

For the live poker discussion it’s pretty dependent on where you live. I’m from Chicago and I couldn’t believe what kind of stuff I was seeing when I was playing NLH in Florida this year. Like it kind annoyed me thinking how if I grew up in Florida how much more money I would have right now! Or even in Texas the hold’em kinda sucks in Houston, but you drive a few hours to Dallas, a whole nother story.

I just tried to buy this coin $WEAPON on uniswap because everyone is spamming it on twitter and the clip of their game on their website looks cool and it would have cost me $80 in gas to buy $250 worth. Wtf is the point? I’m literally sitting here thinking why the fuck can’t i just buy it with paypal?

thought this but then I’d have to live in florida or texas ugh

Yea true, FL has enough redeeming qualities though. Dallas, ehhhh

One of the clubs in Houston gets 8+ PLO tables EVERY NIGHT

Ha, I know! The PLO looked great, but I suck at it. And then there’s like nothing higher than 1/3 NL on most weekday nights, shiiiiit

Pretty sure that’s the kind of game you could just nut peddle and print money in

1 Like

Probably! But I could also drive about 3.5 hours and print money at NL without the variance…

TWIST:
https://www.dextools.io/app/ether/pair-explorer/0x83abecf7204d5afc1bea5df734f085f2535a9976

1 Like

nothing in the poker boom even remotely compares to this shit:

https://twitter.com/El_Crypto_Chapo/status/1432341770248073221

3 Likes

nah, hardly anyone admits it. it’s about “art” and “social symbols” and online presence something something ngmi (gm).

1 Like

That’s actually a good thread that explains well what is driving this madness.

I thought 1/3 NL often played like 5/T in Texas due to straddles, restraddles, and deep stacks?

This is why I can’t get into this shit. I have zero desire for conspicuous consumption and no FOMO.

Who are some good crypto Twitter follows? Looking more for news and people who do deep dives into the nascent history of crypto. Not interested in people suggesting what to buy.

Greed is certainly why most people have any involvement with crypto (or anything else really), but that’s not what motivates true believers who do the actual work building these platforms. They want to decentralize all the things - currency, finance, governance, ownership - literally everything. They want to undermine and replace all the centralized, hierarchical organizations in society. They are very serious about this and they are creating systems that in many cases do have the potential to be at least partially successful. The underlying ideology is ~75% libertarian tech bro and 25% lefty anarchist.

It is not at all clear to me that their success would be a good thing. I can very easily see these changes instead amplifying the dystopian cyberpunk hellscape we already live in.

The energy use thing is really overblown though imo. It is an already solved problem that will be largely eliminated soon enough.

2 Likes

Well that seems like a big swing and miss for idealistic libertarian bros, because I don’t see the rise of crypto threatening established power structures much.

Is it possible for someone (or a team of people) who logs blockchain transactions to steal crypto by altering what gets posted to the blockchain?