The Crypto Thread

This is my SOP. Why would I stop now?

1 Like

You can get started for less than 30k. I only bought around $4000 total of ETH and have run it up pretty nicely. Of course i got lucky fairly early on after nearly busting my initial amount also and I would argue it is slightly tougher now than it was in August when i started on the really degen stuff. Was doing Topshot before that and only put in a few hundred dollars to start and that was basically risk free money. No idea if it still is.

DM me

i know what you mean, like ≡1 should be enough if you just scope out free mints that aren’t too popular to merit gas wars, or like super cheap stuff by working your way onto a whitelist. it’s probably possible to make that work on ≡1 if they really take it seriously. but i feel strongly that pak will reward ash holders and that even a small amount of $ash could at least get them into a lottery for a legendary artwork that several millionaires would love to own

3 Likes

I mean I would have just kept reloading if I busted so my actual roll wasn’t 1.x Eth anyways but that’s all I ever bought with fiat. Probably was pretty likely to bust it so I don’t think 30k for a decent roll is off base at all.

Selection_236

1 Like

lol @ blue chip artists this is ponzi szn.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s the whole ballgame on this shit and the reason why NFT’s and Beanie Babies wouldn’t be able to get pulled off in early 2009.

Discord won’t even accept VOIP numbers (or landlines). I’m refusing to give them my real number now more out of stubborn principle than because I care if they have it.

FYI. Hackers took control of my Coinbase and Binance accounts.
Binance is so impossible to deal with, I still don’t have control of that one back.

If you use Binance, consider moving to another site.

From my buddy who got his T-mobile account SIM-swapped, and then all his accounts drained.

He also posted this:

Astonished by this statistic.

“According to a Princeton University study Rosenworcel cited, four out of five SIM-swap fraud attempts are successful. And news of a massive breach of consumer data at T-Mobile has heightened the threat. “

1 Like

When we all get sim-swapped out off of discord, you’ll be the only real person left there for the scammers to target. A reverse rapture of sorts.

Do you also play Axie? If so, you’d be a huge addition to the discord - we desperately need someone who knows about it. Even if you don’t play you should join.

+1. Would be great to have you. I wouldn’t let sharing your phone number be the blocker here. Joining is +EV.

He doesn’t need ledger until he actually makes money

Nothing to protect yet

Apparently the other big factor was having his bank account wired up to Coinbase and Binance. Made it easy for the hacker to drain the bank account to buy crypto, then sell the crypto.

Using ApplePay in accounts instead of ACH to buy crypto costs a bit more per transaction but it will stop hackers from draining your banking accounts.

I don’t play it and barely know anything about it except that it seems to be successful and there are currently high returns for staking.

I’m still being stubborn about not giving Discord my phone number, because that’s the sort of thing I get stubborn about.

It really pisses me off that there’s no way to stop T-mobile from letting someone call customer service, or walk into a store and swap my SIM. Like it should be simple to say don’t swap my SIM, even within T-mobile, unless I show up in a store with a passport or driver’s license. Or for the love of fucking god just call me on my number before swapping my SIM.

This is legitimately something Congress needs to get involved in because the level of not-caring from T-mobile is shocking.

I will probably switch carriers when I get done traveling. But there’s no guarantee it won’t happen with another carrier as well. I think I’m not a juicy target because I don’t have crypto accounts. But who knows.

1 Like

Honestly the guy sounds like a moron suzzer. Linking your crypto/bank account to your cell phone sim card? That is about as dumb as it gets.

Ya T-Mobile is culpable but someone getting ahold of your sim card should never be game over.

I’m sure he just signed up with the default password reset mechanism offered by coinbase and binance. I guess everyone who assumes that’s safe is a moron.

I didn’t know SMS was this insecure until a few days ago when I read his story about his hack and start deep-diving. I naively assumed that if every bank and website offers it a as a password reset mechanism then it must be pretty secure.

Those aren’t stored on your simcard. I use google auth for binance/coinbase/etc. If someone stole my sim card/phone they have 0 chance to get my crypto.

If you are using SMS 2 factor on anything of significant meaning that is worse but still shouldn’t allow you to crack it without the password.