The Crypto Thread

They have ads in front of like every youtube video right now.

“A metal card, that carries the best currency we have ever had. Crypto.com

it looks like their fees are slightly lower than coinbase. Also they have a lot more currencies listed fwiw

A lot of meme coins and whatnot that I don’t see on coinbase

BAT is up 41% past 24 hours so now I’ve heard of BAT, maybe you FOMO types wanna jump on

i think i should put this thread on ignore or i will go batshit crazy

5 Likes

My dog coin keeps going down, I think I’m doing this wrong.

This is why I just stick with BTC and ETH and don’t fuck around with other shit, everytime I try to fuck around with something else it goes to zero.

Be patient he’s a good dog, people are selling some of their dog and jumping on the shiny object du jour but the dog will be back. I’ve got a pretty sizeable limit buy order I’m betting won’t get filled.

1 Like

$3 now

gj me, looked at this at 1 dollar less than 48 hours ago but nope.

edit–1 hour later $4.

1 Like

it will keep going up until you buy some

1 Like

well I did at 2.60

now that I said that, it’s gonna be under that in a few days

did I put enough $ in it where that’ll matter if it moons? of course not because lol me

At least for Australians, you can stake usdc for 12%

1 Like

Seems like a good piece on upcoming ether events…

2 Likes

People have been making digital art with computers for decades. There’s nothing novel happening on this front. Where were all of these digital art collectors the past fifty years?

I don’t really get the comparison to physical Picassos. With an original Picasso oil on canvas, there is precisely one of those things in existence; some shitty $20 print of it is not the same thing. Like, I have seen both with my own two eyes, literally standing a foot or two away from a canvas that Picasso painted. Seeing something in person you’ve seen poorly replicated thousands of times is a, ummm, totally different experience than seeing the replication. IOW, not only is the piece itself scarce, but so is the act of being able to lay eyes on it. If I can make a perfect digital replication of your $5M NFT and view it without owning it then we’re talking about different things. (It doesn’t mean that they can’t be both extremely valuable though.)

Btw, Picasso was a rather prolific artist and produced very many works. So there are a lot of Picasso originals floating around out there, and some of them have sold for a fraction of ape gif prices in mediums like gouache and oil pastel.

2 Likes

so I remembered I had an account on some site I hadn’t logged into years, found out I had 200 dollars worth of some old crypto and then spent a few minutes before I realized there’s no way to get it out of there because nobody at least in my part of the world will accept that as a deposit anymore. welp back to forgetting about it for some more years I guess

2 Likes

true, but none of them had laser eyes

Debatable.

1 Like

This is me. I have like 30 xrp locked up on some wallet that doesnt exist anymore that I cant remove.

Fun stuff

We’re ignoring the part where Picasso’s art sucks

1 Like

3 Likes

Okay wait, so the NFT that you paid rl $$$ for can also be had for free by checks notes just doing the same thing I do to every other picture I run across on the intertubes?

Sure, but im still poor and beetlejuice is giving out lambos for trick or treat

3 Likes