The Crapto Thread

So it is actually much closer to lending money to (pre-EU) Greece than I imagined!

https://twitter.com/adamscochran/status/1593020913775038464?t=7SpycOo2PK3gms7Tcn5JWw&s=19

5 Likes

:vince3:

I always dabbled and was a little late and didn’t have the time to fully get into the fun you guys in discord were having.
Pak merge was the end of all the fun for me. My Twitter pic is a stupid merge and I can’t remember why I set my profile to that. Worst part is I can’t figure out how to change it in the app on my phone and I’m to lazy to figure out how to log in on my computer to change it. Every time I notice it I get tilted. Fuxk that guy.
I did make money in NFTs/crypto though. I also forgot I still have a bunch of topshot stuff from multi accounting with the wife’s name! Gonna go check those out.

3 Likes

Pak is a serial scamer and frankly a great example of the get in early and sell mid game or you get roasted. I lost money on merge also.

Interestingly enough, Bankman-Fried tells Vox that his “biggest single fuckup [was] the one thing everyone told” him to do: file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. He thinks if he hadn’t filed for bankruptcy, “withdrawals would be opening up in a month with customers fully whole.”

He adds: “But instead I filed, and the people in charge of it are trying to burn it all to the ground out of shame.” So Vox inquired whether he was suggesting he should’ve just kept trying to raise the $8 billion lifeline. SBF added that he might still get there, but with way more “collateral damage.”

You wanna win by 1 point or, fucking, 30 points, KG? Right? I see you out there, when the, fucking, stadium’s all booing you. You’re 30 up, you’re still going full tilt? Lets see what Vegas… What is Vegas got you guys at tonight? Take a look, let’s see. Look at this shit, the Sixers are supposed to win the game tonight, they think. They think on game 7 you’re not gonna get, fucking, 18 points. They don’t think you gonna get 8 rebounds? What, the fuck, do they do? Doesn’t that make you wanna, fucking, kill them? Doesn’t that make you wanna say fuck you for doubting me? Doesn’t that make you wanna step on, fucking, Elton Brand’s, fucking, neck? Come on, KG, this is no different than that. This is me, all right? I’m not a, fucking, athlete. This is my, fucking, way. This is how I win. All the, fucking, hard work I do. All the, fucking, ass kicking, and the dudes I pay. You’re not gonna score on a big one on game 7? Fuck these people, right? That’s how you feel, I know you do. So look… Let’s, fucking, bet on this. Let’s bet on this shit. I’m, fucking, gonna bet all this money on you tonight, KG. You are here to win, KG, these fuckers don’t know. Them out, fucking, west. You think they, fucking, know you? They don’t know you, they don’t know us. It’s about, fucking, winning, it’s about you. I saw your, fucking, conviction, your, fucking, honesty and your, fucking, magic.

3 Likes

That’s fucking hysterical because when I was in the discord every other post was OMG PAK IS A GENIUS with zero sarcasm. Life comes at you fast.

I mean I never said that. I did make a good chunk on the cube then lost money on merge. I think it’s a good example why painting everyone who nfted it up as the same isn’t really right.

Also most of the pak genius stuff was sarcasm. Some of it wasn’t I guess but a huge percentage was.

I was very late to the pak game. I think majority of discord people made lots off of his stuff. Yea I’m sure if they would have sold everything off at the peak they would have even more.
It’s basically after a long session with a table full of whales saying “ I should have just left when I was up a bunch and before I took a bad beat for quarter of profits I had made.”

1 Like

I had forgotten about ash which was pak stuff too. Why did I venture into this thread…. Stupid pak. I was storing all my poker and sports betting money in Gemini earn for awhile but pulled it out awhile ago . Gotta time the ponzi correctly!

Pak genius wasn’t ironic in the beginning, there was a lot of genuine hopium that he was going to be a premium if not the premium nft to own. A bunch of us paid 500-1.5k for the original cubes; there was the whole burning of cubes for ash bit, and when ash went to $60 from $2 he sure seemed geniusish.

I started to have some doubts about it with the launch of poets, although the poets airdrops to ash holders were very nice. Yeah merge was the beginning of the end, still own my initial m20 which is probably worth a dime on the dollar to mint it.

1 Like

Couple good timeline/summary threads, nothing new but laying it all out. This is probably the best summary I’ve read:

https://twitter.com/mrjasonchoi/status/1592502790932156418

Here’s another one, also with some on-chain sleuthing demonstrating that FTX never held any “cold wallet” containing customer funds as they should have done.

https://twitter.com/adamscochran/status/1593020859156865026

1 Like

Pak is still genius to me. He made it super easy and cost more money to buy merge with credit card.

Price action is a hellova drug, imo. A lot of folks (not necessarily here) were justifying the NFT prices and some of that justification was pretty fucking insane, actually. Then when it dipped, it switched to “we knew it was going to collapse” and “it isn’t worth buying now because the party is over.” Ether is almost a lock to go below 200 and it will be met with the same negative look as NFTs and most will see no reason to get involved with it again just like every fucking time in the past - all based on price movement.

2 Likes

I think there is validity to what you are saying but i would gladly bet (and escrow to someone we both agree on) up to 1k that eth does not go below 200 by dec 2013 midnight et. We would probably have to negotiate what price we would use and stuff if you were interested.

dec 2013 already happened

1 Like

that’s why it’s a good bet, dont blow up his action

5 Likes

The FXT hack was overwhelmingly some kind of inside job right? Cause it would be very fucking coincidental if it wasn’t.

It was 100% an inside job, the only question is who the insiders were.

I must be the only person ITT that lost on NFTs lol. Got up 50k at one point, finished down 15 or so. It stings! Haven’t had a swing like that since freshman year of college aggrotarding 25/50 NL heh

But I’m not completely out yet. Monkeys will save me

5 Likes