The Crapto Thread

I don’t co-sign all this, it’s speculative, but worth reading.

8 Likes

1 Like

Could someone please propose better names than “crypto thread” and “crapto thread”?

Once we have settled on a winner, I can help edit the names and keep posts in the right thread

The Crapto thread is clearly the correct name for this thread, don’t you dare change it.

16 Likes

Grifto Thread

Not sure if you can make this out.

Crypto store front. Right next to a busy train station in one of Melbournes more affluent suburbs.

Not sure how long it’s been there. Not long I’m guessing. I hope they dont have a 12 month lease…

Edit. They seem to be promoting an NFT called “dancing seahorse”… any holders?

:vince1:

From that blog post above, with a pic showing this med on SBFs desk.

Dopaminergic medications for Parkinson’s disease [or “off lable” use] have long been associated with extreme risk-taking, such as in this study of pathological gambling in PD patients taking medication:

Many other such references exist in the literature. Remarkably, there is even a case study of selegiline-induced hypomania, as well one reporting hypersexuality and paraphilia! Overall, it seems very likely that SBF’s propensity to take extreme levels of risk was elevated to preternaturally high levels via heavy, habitual usage of amphetamines and selegiline, causing him to rationalize nonsensical strategies as optimal via convoluted “linear wealth utility” reasoning.

Note that PD medications have also been strongly associated with the development of compulsive shopping. FTX’s massive spending on advertisements and branding partnerships may very well have been a ploy to attract deposits, but it may also have been driven, in part, by SBF’s continual abuse of these drugs. For example, there are reports that a $12 million ad campaign with famous Japanese baseball Shohei Ohtani was killed after a single day on air. Similarly, FTX acquired naming rights to the e-sports organization TSM for a stunning $210 millionーfar out of line with comparable deals in the e-sports industry. Even his property acquisitions are stunning, with a reportedly $200m real estate portfolio in the Bahamas. These cannot be rationalized as risky bets with positive expected value, and only make sense in the context of executive management which is either incompetent or, as we suggest, literally drugged up and on a multi-year shopping spree.

1 Like

Crapto Thread and Crypto Hopium Containment Thread

2 Likes
  1. Gloat about scams/rug pulls/Ponzi definition debate

2. Other crypto discussion

Ratio of posts gonna be about 90000:1

Will be convenient for posters too as most of the posters can just put the second thread on ignore

Thread 1
Fun and exciting high risk money making opportunities in a decentralised environment

Thread 2
The same but sarcastically

7 Likes

Nice blog post. Long but worth reading

1 Like

Thread 1
Fun and exciting “high risk” money making opportunities in a decentralised environment

Thread 2
“Fun” and “exciting” high risk money “making” opportunities in a decentralised environment

4 Likes

You’re dumb for liking crypto !

You’re dumb for hating crypto!

3 Likes

Winnar.

conspiracy theory: the Feds will bailout coinbase because they’re getting data on trades

cf. Cryptocurrency Titan Coinbase Providing “Geo Tracking Data” to ICE

1 Like

Change it to “Your a moran for liking crypto” and it gets my vote

I was cracking up at this yesterday. I can’t imagine having such a dismal humiliating failure like this, face likely jail time, and then to top it off people delve into his gaming record and roast him for it. lol. that’d be too much for me

4 Likes

2 Likes

Reminder that the Crapto thread came about because people got MAD about Suzzer and Riverman interrupting discourse about high-level blockchain ideas by continuing to post links to crypto scams. So to maintain peace and order the mods had to segregate the threads into Crapto and Crypto.

For some reason everyone came over to the thread with Riverman and Suzzer, and they are still mad.

13 Likes