The Confederacy of Donald J. Trump: A Confederacy of Dunces

I answered a call from my former boss today “Four Seasons Total Landscaping, how may I direct your call?” and she had somehow only just heard about it. She cracked up and gave me permission to keep answering my phone that way.

13 Likes

I gotta wonder if even Murdoch is starting to wonder about the wisdom of poisoning the brains of half of the most powerful country in the world.

3 Likes

I doubt it.

1 Like

Like Mitch seemingly having himself in a pickle here over how he will ultimately step away from Trump holding onto power without insane backlash, it’s funny until you realize Fox News will just go farther right themselves and push the country over a cliff.

Yeah that’s almost certainly what’s going to happen. It’s only fucking Monday, November 9 and things are already dialing up a couple notches.

As everyone is saying, thank god the right wing are total idiots. It truly is our saving grace.

1 Like

100% chance he already got a few lap dances from gilfoyle

I’m doing it. AI on Biden @ 1.1

1 Like

It’s a freeroll anyways. If Trump is installed dictator a bet will be the least of your worries.

2 Likes

Riverman, haven’t we discussed you posting stuff like this? Go bet on Trump to stay in power to fix this.

2 Likes

+1

I’m shook that the right wing is going all the way on this narrative, as it has dire long term implications. But that’s a 2-4 years from now problem and we just have to keep winning elections. Like the absolute worst case scenario here is President Pelosi. Donald Trump will not still be in power on 1/21/21. If he goes to the mattresses to try at that point, the country burns and he’s out within a week.

That’s how I feel about having taken refuge in Japan. Still a LONG way from feeling wrong about the choice.

I haven’t really paid attention but was there any significant backsliding during Abe’s reign given he was a fascist or at least a Hirohito apologist/jock-sniffer?

A renewed push to end mail-in voting and require voter ID. They’ve showed us that losing elections won’t make them re-evaluate their platform, they’re just going to keep trying to suppress more votes.

Unless leaders in PA are lying, Biden moved ahead before they got anywhere near starting to count those.

It’s a self own, Trump’s only (LOL) shot is having them counted. But they’re going to run up Biden’s margin anyway.

Stick to this, it’s your strongest argument.

7 Likes

Go ahead and laugh at me brah, but all of you holding out hopes on norms and procedures and what not don’t seem to have learned a damn thing from the last 4 years.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1326031379151327232
( twitter | raw text )

NOLTE!

2 Likes

I don’t pay close attention to Japanese politics so I’m far from an expert, but I think the perception of Abe as a hardliner is greater than the reality.

The truth is, especially compared to the U.S., Japanese as a whole are pretty indifferent to politics, and since we have a parliamentary system here, the public doesn’t get to vote directly for the prime minster (one reason for the indifference).

1 Like

1 Like

Lucky for you, you only need them to support Joe Biden.

3 Likes

Cuse is right that they’ll go after voting with ridiculous laws to make it easier to win in the future. They won’t instill God king emperor forever though.

1 Like